Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Swiss WW2 Waffenrock Infantry Uniform

Article about: First of all, i dont know in which section this belonges, as the swiss were neutral, but for some reason only know to Odin, i shall post it here. Corrections are accepted, as i want to post

Default Swiss WW2 Waffenrock Infantry Uniform

This is a very interesting Swiss "transitional" WW2-era "Ordonnanz 1926/1940" - Waffenrock ( with 6 Metal-knobs) , but the insignia correspond clearly to the later "Ordonnanz 1949" (with 4 Plastic knobs), which makes it a rare transitional Tunic, having characteristics of both.

It has several year- stamps inside, the oldest dated to (19)40. That makes sense with the whole "Ordonnanz 1926/1940"- design
    The next stamp is dated to (19)45, being the 5 later covered with a 6, becoming so a year-stamp for 1946.
    The last one is a (19)60 stamp. Which makes sense for the type of insignia this Waffenrock displays , which are clearly Post-WW2, belonging to the later "Ordonnanz 1949" design.

The "Waffenfarbe / Truppengattungsfarbe" is Green , which stands for "Infanterie".

This particular Waffenrock belonged to a NCO - "Füsilier-Wachtmeister from Füs Kp III/73".

Actually i am expecting to get a pure "Ordonnanz 1926/1940" with the correct WW2 Insignia soon...

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swiss WW2 Waffenrock Infantry Uniform   Swiss WW2 Waffenrock Infantry Uniform  

Last edited by danhashman; 12-06-2016 at 07:49 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swiss WW2 Waffenrock Infantry Uniform
    P
    Many

That's a very nice-looking tunic!

?

Very nice looking uniform item. Is this the highest NCO rank? How many different waffenfarben did the Swiss have?

Quote by Paul R View Post
    Very nice looking uniform item. Is this the highest NCO rank? How many different waffenfarben did the Swiss have?
    Hey Paul, here the answers to your questions:

The highest NCO rank for the Swiss Army was ( and still is) the "CHEFADJUTANT" (= Warrant Officer Class 1).

Several "ADJUTANT" ranks come after the "Hauptfeldweibel" (= First Sergeant) , and before the "Leutnant", which would be the first Officer in line.

The Waffenfarben (= Weapon-colour), the Swiss Army calls them "TRUPPENGATTUNGSFARBE" (=Troop-type-colour), are as follows:

INFANTRY: DARK GREEN
    ARMOURED TROOPS: YELLOW
    ARTILLERY: RED
    AIR FORCE: COBALT BLUE
    GENERALSTAB: BLACK
    MESSENGER TROOPS: SILVER GREY
    LOGISTICS: PURPLE
    MEDICAL / RED CROSS: BLUE
    MILITARY POLICE: GREY
    ABC-PROTECTION: MUSTARD YELLOW

Some more "complete" pics of the Uniform here, complete with its "Munitionstaschen" (= AmmoPouch), Armee- Ledergurt (= ArmyBelt) and Field-cap. Looks much nicer, doesn´t it?
    It does have a certain german flair to it, but i rather´d like to think that the Wehrmacht Uniforms had a certain Swiss Flair..

Here is a "pure" postwar "Ordonnanz 1949" Waffenrock, for comparison. Look how the "cut" is different to the "Ordonannz 1926/1940" i shown previously, but the insignia are like this one. That´s why mine is "transitional".

and here a "pure" WW2 "Ordonnanz 1926/ 1940", to compare...

Playmaino
    ?

Default Swiss old 40's uniform jacket.

Hello everyone, I have also an out of topic question and I need your help.
    I found this jacket in a second hand market and I bought it.
    I came across this forum through this post (Swiss wool peacoat? WW2? - UNIFORMS - U.S. Militaria Forum) which shows a really similar jacket, same color, same buttons and details.
    Can any of you give me more detail about my jacket? The buttons show on the back the text Schaerer" and "Bern".
    I post some pics below.
    Thanks in advance!
    Paolo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swiss WW2 Waffenrock Infantry Uniform   Swiss WW2 Waffenrock Infantry Uniform  

Swiss WW2 Waffenrock Infantry Uniform   Swiss WW2 Waffenrock Infantry Uniform  

no idea man.. never have seen such a jacket before.. My best & most realistic guess is that it belonges to the "Zivilschutz" (=Civil Protection) or maybe FireFighters, as it has a quite official look with those WW2 (& postwar- era) buttons and the (19)47 - stamp.. Interesting

Hello Gentlemen,
    This thread is now moved to the collection display.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)