Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe daggers

Article about: Two daggers that I recently purchased from Lakeside Trader out of Canada. I was a little surprised that the Luftwaffe dagger felt a little light.

Default Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe daggers

Two daggers that I recently purchased from Lakeside Trader out of Canada. I was a little surprised that the Luftwaffe dagger felt a little light.

Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe daggersKriegsmarine and Luftwaffe daggersKriegsmarine and Luftwaffe daggersKriegsmarine and Luftwaffe daggersKriegsmarine and Luftwaffe daggersKriegsmarine and Luftwaffe daggersKriegsmarine and Luftwaffe daggersKriegsmarine and Luftwaffe daggers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe daggers
    P
    Many

?

There's nothing to worry here. Both daggers are original and completely textbook. Would be nice if you could show some pictures of the daggers seperately in the luftwaffe and kriegsmarine department.

Danny

Hi Sterling could you post them both separately for discussion in their own forums. A greater study comes from a single piece being focused upon.
    Some Luft producers varied in materials which would explain the lightness of some. Also the weight of that brass Naval dagger next to the light 2nd Luft will be noticeable.

You chose well with Lakesidetrader.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2 fine choices! You can't go far wrong with Paul Hogle-one of the top reliable TR blade sellers in the business!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Sterling,

The Luftwaffe dagger is probably a little light to the touch because it's fittings are aluminum & based on the Alcoso maker mark, it was produced late in the period. Earlier produced examples are noticeably heavier. Nice choices.