Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

My U-Boat Document Collection

Article about: Hi Everyone, Over the past year I have begun focusing entirely on items attributed to U-Boat crewmen. This is what I have accumulated so far U-455 Soldbuch to Adam Mueller, who served on all

Default My U-Boat Document Collection

Hi Everyone,

Over the past year I have begun focusing entirely on items attributed to U-Boat crewmen. This is what I have accumulated so far

U-455 Soldbuch to Adam Mueller, who served on all 10 patrols during which 3 ships were sunk. U-455 went down with all hands after striking a German mine off Genoa in April 1944.

My U-Boat Document CollectionMy U-Boat Document CollectionMy U-Boat Document Collection

Soldbuch to U-393 crewman Hubert Runge. This was never a front boat but nevertheless served as a trials boat, and a training boat from 1943 onward.
    My U-Boat Document CollectionMy U-Boat Document CollectionMy U-Boat Document Collection

2nd issue Wehrpass to U-652 & U-643 Obermachinist Martin Giese. Giese served on all 9 Patrols with the boat during which 6 ships were sunk and 3 more were damaged. Giese was killed on board the first patrol of U-643.
    U-boat clasp in bronze document to Radioman Lambert Kappes aboard U-295. U-295 operated in Norway and damaged one ship. (Document part of a larger grouping to Kappes)
    U-1061 Grouping to crewman Karl Schlickwei. U-061 Operated in Norway as a VIIF torpedo transport boat and survived the war.
    Death Card to U-520 Crewman Josef Schillinger. Schillinger was killed aboard the boats first patrol. Judging from his awards he clearly served on other boats, but I have been unable to determine which ones.
    My U-Boat Document CollectionMy U-Boat Document Collection

Thanks for looking!

-Jake

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My U-Boat Document Collection
    P
    Many

Very neat collection.
    I knew a Mueller who served as an office on a U-boat. I met him in 1971 or 72.
    He was my stepfather's boss. He came to our house for dinner one night and
    I kept bugging him about his ww2 experience. His boat sub was sunk with only
    a hand full of survivors. He spent the remained of the war in a Scottish POW camp
    which he escaped from 3 times only to be captured again each time.

He was a very interesting old guy to talk to.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Chopperman View Post
    Very neat collection.
    I knew a Mueller who served as an office on a U-boat. I met him in 1971 or 72.
    He was my stepfather's boss. He came to our house for dinner one night and
    I kept bugging him about his ww2 experience. His boat sub was sunk with only
    a hand full of survivors. He spent the remained of the war in a Scottish POW camp
    which he escaped from 3 times only to be captured again each time.

He was a very interesting old guy to talk to.
    Sounds like quite the character! Any clue on his boat #?

Quote by Fallschirmjager1941 View Post
    Sounds like quite the character! Any clue on his boat #?
    Unfortunately not. I was maybe 14 years old at the time and didn't think to write any of this down.
    I've tried to reach out to a couple U-boat forums for help but I don't have enough information to be
    of help researching him.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.