Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Rich Abr.Herder Dress Bayonet?, please help to ID

Article about: Hi All This is first German bayonet, but today i'm little confused because someone in local knife forum said this bayonet just replica/fake, can you help to check it? Thank you.

Default Rich Abr.Herder Dress Bayonet?, please help to ID

Hi All

This is first German bayonet, but today i'm little confused because someone in local knife forum said this bayonet just replica/fake, can you help to check it?

Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rich Abr.Herder Dress Bayonet?, please help to ID
    P
    Many

Hello Widodo welcome to the forum...I was just in your country this past October. I enjoyed the heat .

You have a short pattern Firemans dress bayonet which has the correct producer logo type used. I see no issues with this bayonet and why it would be fake. The Leather grog also appears to have belonged to it..but wait for a few more comments.

Where did you acquire it ?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Well you know what they say - everyones an expert

There is nothing wrong with that parade bayonet - the coloured felt would denote the branch of service ......The regulation was that red felt was the standard colour for all Wehrmacht troops - However you have a brown frog - usually reserved for Luftwaffe -KM so it may be an addition. Incidently the short parade was for NCO's and the long for enlisted troops - useless info I know

Not rare - quite common - and still relatively cheap - but nice all the same

Larry - not a fireman's -

This is a fireman's................
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rich Abr.Herder Dress Bayonet?, please help to ID  

Thanks John.. I was still drinking my coffee at this early hour

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hello Widodo welcome to the forum...I was just in your country this past October. I enjoyed the heat .

You have a short pattern Firemans dress bayonet which has the correct producer logo type used. I see no issues with this bayonet and why it would be fake. The Leather grog also appears to have belonged to it..but wait for a few more comments.

Where did you acquire it ?

Regards Larry

Hi Larry

Thanks for reply.
    I'm glad you enjoyed visiting my country. Did you go to Bali?
    Anyway someone who told me if my bayonet replica/fake because "ace of diamond" mark from rich herder is different with his old knife from rich herder.
    Please check picture attached,

i'm not totally agree with him because that mark is from different type knife
    so i seeking more information about this dress bayonet. and fortunately i'm landed in here at warrelic forum.
    I'm very happy because not all forum very welcome to newcomer like me.
    PS: i bought this bayonet from ebay few year ago, i'm knife enthusiast but only have limited ww2 knife. most my collection is new version tactical/survival knife.

Quote by John Brandon View Post

There is nothing wrong with that parade bayonet - the coloured felt would denote the branch of service ......The regulation was that red felt was the standard colour for all Wehrmacht troops - However you have a brown frog - usually reserved for Luftwaffe -KM so it may be an addition. Incidently the short parade was for NCO's and the long for enlisted troops - useless info I know

Hi John

Thanks for information, yes this relatively cheap and i'm glad this not fake.

Bali is for Tourists and I went there once and never again because of that. I spent most of my time in Ambon and Surabaya.

You will find this forum very friendly and helpful. We are here to teach and build..and sometimes with some things that come through here..we have to tear down and pull it apart to seek the truth ..to make sure collectors as yourself are not going to be taken advantage of.

We hope you enjoy your stay here and read through some of the many forums we have here. Thankyou for bringing that bayo here to the forum and sharing with us.

Sampai jumpa lagi ..Larry

Quote by John Brandon View Post

It appears to be period to me also, and if someone has period information to the contrary I would love to see it. With my reading of some 1930's documentation stating that senior grade NCO's could purchase and carry officer's model swords and daggers. With the base ranks through junior NCO's able to purchase off duty (dress) bayonets of their own choosing in both length and hilt type. With the notation that there could be individual local regulations that might affect their choices (that could change if they were reassigned elsewhere). Best Regards, Fred