Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Flak Visor Cap

Article about: Hello, I posted this hat last week in the uniform section of the forum, I decided that the cloth headgear section would be best. I am looking at purchasing a Luftwaffe Flak EM NCO visor cap

Default Luftwaffe Flak Visor Cap

Hello, I posted this hat last week in the uniform section of the forum, I decided that the cloth headgear section would be best. I am looking at purchasing a Luftwaffe Flak EM NCO visor cap for my collection. I would like opinions from you all if the visor looks to be all original and not post war, and if the insignia looks original to the visor and not added. I have a suspicion that the eagle was added due to it being zinc and the cockade and wreath being aluminum. Thanks for your time and opinions.

Luftwaffe Flak Visor CapLuftwaffe Flak Visor CapLuftwaffe Flak Visor CapLuftwaffe Flak Visor CapLuftwaffe Flak Visor CapLuftwaffe Flak Visor Cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Flak Visor Cap
    P
    Many

?

Hello tonyhayes198,
    cap looks O.K. for the BMF tag look here: Muetzenfabrik
    Whether the eagle/wings were replaced - who can tell? Particularly the eagles with the swastica were often removed after war for obvious reasons. On the other hand there are examples with insignia made of two different materials. I wouldn't worry about that.

Hello, I recently got two more pics of this hat, one pic show the hat is unit marked and the other pic is a close up of the eagle. To me it appears that there is wearing to the eagle, what do you all think? Thanks!

Luftwaffe Flak Visor CapLuftwaffe Flak Visor Cap

A perfectly good cap. The metal insignia of this composition often shows this kind of patina. You can look up the unit origination as well due to the stamp being visible. These are not particularly rare but they display well. If the price is right - go for it. NH

Quote by tonyhayes198 View Post
    Hello, I recently got two more pics of this hat, one pic show the hat is unit marked and the other pic is a close up of the eagle. To me it appears that there is wearing to the eagle, what do you all think? Thanks!
    I don't believe there is wear to the eagle but rather the silvering is being absorbed by the zinc. A typical problem with zinc badges as well.
    The visor looks fine to me as well.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

I agree with Ralph, just the zinc being absorbed. Many of my visors have this.

Looks like a great visor with just a few small moth nips.

For others with more knowledge....a question? Would this be private purchase which was then "accepted" based on the stamps. Or is it just a contract cap with a makers label?.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Ralph is quite correct. As these items age, we just have to accept their change in appearance. I am bidding on a Panzerkampfabzeichen at auction that has lost the silver appearance due to composition. This is an all around good cap with some minor age issues. NH

Thank you everyone for your help. I look forward to placing this hat in my collection.