Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen SS Foreign Latvia Volunteers Camo Helmet?

Article about: Greetings fellow forum members, I found this helmet on the web for sale today, it looks cool and I've never seen anything like this before... A Waffen SS Foreign Latvia Volunteers Camo helme

Default Waffen SS Foreign Latvia Volunteers Camo Helmet?

Greetings fellow forum members,

I found this helmet on the web for sale today, it looks cool and I've never seen anything like this before... A Waffen SS Foreign Latvia Volunteers Camo helmet. I am always weary of decalled helmets, especially SS, and this I have to proceed with caution before I even consider getting this one. My goal is to one day have some sort of Foreign Volunteer Helmet or something to my collection. I understand they are quite rare, and not being an expert, and I don't know if this is the real deal or not. I would really appreciate any and all help from the seemingly endless knowledge of you, my fellow forum members. These are the only pictures provided, if pictures of the interior of the shell are needed to determine if this is authentic or not then I will ask the seller for more pictures. Thank you in advance.

-Jamie

Waffen SS Foreign Latvia Volunteers Camo Helmet?Waffen SS Foreign Latvia Volunteers Camo Helmet?Waffen SS Foreign Latvia Volunteers Camo Helmet?Waffen SS Foreign Latvia Volunteers Camo Helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Foreign Latvia Volunteers Camo Helmet?
    P
    Many

?

Mate, try to curb your enthusiasm just a bit & do some actual research or you will get had once again. Snyders Treasures! The old bloke is dead yet the crap continues still. $2000 is $2000 too much for rubbish like this. Item #SSFVol-101. I would imagine that if this configuration was authentic it would be worth considerably more than the price asked.

Regards
    Brett

I think you should ask for some interior photos as well. The paint appears to be brush applied with the black applied first and the green over the top. The swastika is not a decal but hand painted as well. The patina is aged, or has it been aged? Let's see inside.

Early 50's art helmet could also be one explanation......?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

It looked strange to me yet I'm not an expert so I wouldn't know if that even is what looked like what the Latvia SS Volunteers actually wore. It's junk and won't be coming into my collection, I did not know this website was filled with absolute rubbish. Did different SS Volunteers have different types of helmets, though (Dutch, Latvia, Norway, Croatia, etc)? Thanks everyone for your help, I really appreciate it.

Very hard to say...but it shows a very good patina...Be careful with snyder...

?

Quote by AfrikaKorps1942 View Post
    It looked strange to me yet I'm not an expert so I wouldn't know if that even is what looked like what the Latvia SS Volunteers actually wore. It's junk and won't be coming into my collection, I did not know this website was filled with absolute rubbish. Did different SS Volunteers have different types of helmets, though (Dutch, Latvia, Norway, Croatia, etc)? Thanks everyone for your help, I really appreciate it.
    The Latvian or other Foreign volunteers certainly didn't wear anthing like this !! Most wore standard issue or reissue Helmets ( which could have been Heer or Luftwaffe etc etc ) with an SS decal , again sometimes on the left of the helmet although this is not a set rule . Doing some research is probably the best advice to give.

On the practical side why would anyone wear a helmet which has a huge red swastika on it saying please shoot here !! The very reason the order was given to discontinue the use of the National shield on the lefto f the helmet .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Jamie, take a DEEP breath and wait a few days. This one is bad. The Latvians used a red and white shield, not this BS insignia. I knew Charlie, I liked him, but most of the stuff on his site was questionable at best when he was alive, and I wouldn't touch any of it now that he is gone. Jim G.

Thank you everyone for your assistance. I really appreciate all of your help. Best regards,

-Jamie

?

S$#t helmet