Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Heer M43 real or repro?

Article about: Hello everyone. I just got my first M43 cap, and was hoping you all could tell me if it is original or not. If it is original, it is in really good shape, so that scares me usually. Luckily

Default Heer M43 real or repro?

Hello everyone. I just got my first M43 cap, and was hoping you all could tell me if it is original or not. If it is original, it is in really good shape, so that scares me usually. Luckily I didn't pay a whole lot for it. If you want any more specific pictures let me know. Thanks!

Heer M43 real or repro?Heer M43 real or repro?Heer M43 real or repro?Heer M43 real or repro?Heer M43 real or repro?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer M43 real or repro?
    P
    Many

Looks like a Janke made copy.

Note the colour of the liner. The grey colour with a pinkish hue is typical.

An original would not have the insignia badly sewn on if it was originally applied.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ah damn. Thanks for the reply Ade. I got it off a gunbroker auction from a seller that is pretty reputable, and listed it as original. Maybe even he didn't know it was a repro. I guess I can be glad I didn't pay full price though.... so just curious, did all of the original liners have the same color?

Liner colour and material type will vary from maker to maker.

Some are cotton, others are rayon which can be smooth or HBT.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!