Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 Authentication

Article about: Name: 18052640_1734390286588230_867741180_n.jpg  Views: 0  Size: 46.2 KB  ID: 1067991 class= thumbnail style= float:CONFIG /> Hey Folks, I've been offered this coat for \\$200 U

Question M40 Authentication

M40 AuthenticationM40 AuthenticationM40 Authentication
    Hey Folks,

I've been offered this coat for $200 USD all-in. Any red flags?

Asked for some more detailed photos and will provide 'em as soon as I have 'em.

Thanks in advance!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Authentication
    P
    Many

Original.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

What's left of it looks to be original, but 200 dollars for moth food? Way too much...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    What's left of it looks to be original, but 200 dollars for moth food? Way too much...
    Indeed, I want to see if they will go lower but so far they haven't been receptive.

I asked if it comes with the shoulder-boards or not - that makes a difference too :P

Hello,

If you are really interested you had better snap it up at this price. I highly doubt that they will throw in a pair of shoulder boards. I would pick it up just for the material, and lining value.

Fred

Quote by Fred Green View Post
    Hello,
    I would pick it up just for the material, and lining value.
    Fred
    We're of similar mind, except I was considering picking it up and mending it as a medium-long term project. A lot of people are selling original feldgrau thread presently, and At The Front (Re-enactment supply company) is now selling bags of scrap feldgrau materiel that contain 5+ pieces the size of lower tunic pockets for $10. I'm thinking that for Less than $240 all told (after the cost of thread and materiel) I could keep myself fairly busy for a while and end up with an interesting piece, even if it is a bit salty!

Hello,

I believe that if you don't pick it up at this price, some dirtbag will and a new generation of cut offs and worn overseas caps will appear.

Fred

I agree that $200 is too much for this half eaten example. BUT - if you are willing to put the work into preserving and mending then go for it. Fred is quite correct. This could be turned into a dozen or more Schiffchen by some unscrupulous person and sold as original. NH

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    I agree that $200 is too much for this half eaten example.
    Keeping in mind that they are shipping from Europe and the $200 USD they are asking for includes shipping to Canada, what do you think is a fair offer to make?

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    if you are willing to put the work into preserving and mending then go for it.
    What inspired me was another greatcoat I saw somewhere - somebody had very carefully repaired all of it's holes with feldgrau wool and then darned them all with appropriately coloured thread.
    Trouble is that that I immediately lost the website because I failed to bookmark it or save the pictures (late night ) so if anyone has photos of well-repaired greatcoats to share (or if you now the coat I am speaking of) then I'd appreciate a lead or two

Default New offer

M40 AuthenticationM40 Authentication
    M40 AuthenticationM40 Authentication
    M40 Authentication

Was approached and offered this one recently w/ Signals (?) shoulder boards included. Also good?

No price specified as yet...
    Last edited by Aldarith; 04-23-2017 at 06:42 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast