Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Original or Repro Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz?

Article about: I just bought this WW2 German Wound Badge at a flea market. I'm not sure if its an original or a repro, but I decided to take a chance on it anyways. Does anyone know if it's an original or

Default Original or Repro Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz?

I just bought this WW2 German Wound Badge at a flea market. I'm not sure if its an original or a repro, but I decided to take a chance on it anyways. Does anyone know if it's an original or a reproduction? My main concern with it is the smooth back and lack of crispness in the details of the wreath, but I know there were 20+ manufacturers so im by no means an expert on these badges. Any advice is appreciated!

(I don't know why my pictures are always flipped when I upload them, but if better pictures are needed just let me know )
    Last edited by rbminis; 04-22-2017 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology and to orient photos correctly.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original or Repro Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz?
    P
    Many

Although I can't tell you the maker, I am pretty confident yours is an original.

Please read this thread.
    The Use of German Terminology.
    Ralph.

P.S. I will move this thread to the correct section.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Looks OK to me! My Funke & Brüninghaus has a similar lack of detail/heavy paint in the wreath.

?

I double that. I also believe it's a nice original verwundetenabzeichen.

Is there any way to tell who the maker is for this badge? Thanks all for the help!