MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

DD Luftwaffe M35 Q68 DAK fresh out of the woodwork!

Article about: Hey guys, wanted to share this beauty I just picked up the other day. Straight from the son( A retired PA Trooper and family friend) of the vet who brought it back. A killer Q68 Double Decal

Cool DD Luftwaffe M35 Q68 DAK fresh out of the woodwork!

Hey guys, wanted to share this beauty I just picked up the other day. Straight from the son( A retired PA Trooper and family friend) of the vet who brought it back. A killer Q68 Double Decal DAK camouflage m35 picked up in the Kasserine Pass, Tunisia, 1943 by Sgt. C.R. Painter, 213th Coastal Artillery(AA) Battery F. Both decals look to be beautifully preserved under the tan paint. And the helmet itself all around has been beautifully stored all of these years. Truly a dream for me being a tropical collector. This one is staying with me! Enjoy!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DD Luftwaffe M35 Q68 DAK fresh out of the woodwork!   DD Luftwaffe M35 Q68 DAK fresh out of the woodwork!  

DD Luftwaffe M35 Q68 DAK fresh out of the woodwork!   DD Luftwaffe M35 Q68 DAK fresh out of the woodwork!  

DD Luftwaffe M35 Q68 DAK fresh out of the woodwork!   DD Luftwaffe M35 Q68 DAK fresh out of the woodwork!  

DD Luftwaffe M35 Q68 DAK fresh out of the woodwork!  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD Luftwaffe M35 Q68 DAK fresh out of the woodwork!
    P
    Many

My track record with camo is not good. With that being said, I love this helmet. This is helmet that I would have in my collection. I would have thought that the liner would have been in worse condition considering the wear on the outside of the helmet.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Thanks Marty. I'm amazed the condition of the liner is as good as it is. In person you can absolutely without doubt that it's 100% original to it and has never been removed. I will give the previous owner props that he has stored it beautifully over the years.
    Dave

Now that rattles my cage, rings my bell, and ticks all of my boxes, looks fantastic mate, congratulations on a great find
    (and darned rare too).

Best wishes

Bob

Thank you Bob!!

Yes, that sand colour paint is old, no question about that. Interesting is the closeup of the over painted shield. You can see the faint traces of red pigment underneath.

An unkind person might declare "repeditive tool marks" but this is a perfect example of how such odd marks, scratches and scrapes naturally occurred to paint during normal field usage. Nothing contrived about it to my eyes.
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

What a beautiful piece! Stunning!

That looks like a good catch, love the early strap.

Hi, a real stand out from the crowd helmet, absolutely correct in every fashion and the history/provenance that accompanies it makes it a real show stopper. Great helmet. Leon.