Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mexican Army Ceremonial Bayonet

Article about: I wanted to share this rather unusal edged weapon that i´ve fount at a fleamarket some days ago.. This is a Mexican Ceremonial bayonet, even thou i am not sure if it can really be called a b

Default Mexican Army Ceremonial Bayonet

I wanted to share this rather unusal edged weapon that i´ve fount at a fleamarket some days ago..

This is a Mexican Ceremonial bayonet, even thou i am not sure if it can really be called a bayonet, as it has no "connector" to be used with a rifle.. Even thou the whole (very shiny "chromed") blade is of classic bayonet design.

The scabbard is also all silver/crome coloured. It has some stains from age, but i decided to leave it just as it is. A little knob that used to be on the pommel has been grinded away.
    i dont know much more about it, such as its age or exact use, only that this is a Mexican Army Item.

Those bayonets are to be used with a white frog and i believe it to be more a ceremonial item than an item for ombat..
    As i don´t believe that such a bayonet has been showed on WRF, i decided to post it here as for general culture & knowledge for all..

Any comments are welcome..
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mexican Army Ceremonial Bayonet   Mexican Army Ceremonial Bayonet  

Mexican Army Ceremonial Bayonet   Mexican Army Ceremonial Bayonet  

Mexican Army Ceremonial Bayonet  

Here i found a picture of a similar bayonet, complete with its white frog. Unfortunately i still could not find a picture of it in use..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mexican Army Ceremonial Bayonet  

MAP
    ?

Thank you Dan. Definitely not something I've seen before.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)