Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Totenkopf buckle: real or fake?

Article about: I bought this for 20€, so real or fake doesn't exactly matter, but am very curious. Nice and heavy 71 grams. It looks like copper underneath a zinc plating (especially on the skull's forehea

RMSRuhr
    ?

Default Totenkopf buckle: real or fake?

I bought this for 20€, so real or fake doesn't exactly matter, but am very curious. Nice and heavy 71 grams. It looks like copper underneath a zinc plating (especially on the skull's forehead and upper lip), but am not sure. Stamped R.Z.M. M34/2 with an SS logo mostly removed underneath the upper edge. I found a lot of fakes of this one in particular, but none that I found resembled this one. If it is fake, I'd still like to know the maker - really nice quality to it. The man I bought it from wasn't trying to sell it wasn't trying sell it as genuine or fake, just a belt buckle.Totenkopf buckle: real or fake?Totenkopf buckle: real or fake?Totenkopf buckle: real or fake?Totenkopf buckle: real or fake?Totenkopf buckle: real or fake?Totenkopf buckle: real or fake?Totenkopf buckle: real or fake?Totenkopf buckle: real or fake?

2. # ADS

What do you think yourself? Did you search
    here at the forum. I am sure this type has
    been dealt with already.
    And of course it is a fake, well-known and bad
    all over!

RMSRuhr
    ?

Well initial question was if fake, who makes them like this? I haven't found copper and zinc repros anywhere. I'd like more of them.

Who cares who makes these buckles. Fake is fake from whatever material!

This is a worse buckle, which surely comes out of Poland or anyway another
    eastern European country and is available for a few bucks. Even the code is
    ludicrous fantasy!

Quote by RMSRuhr View Post
    I found a lot of fakes of this one in particular, but none that I found resembled this one. If it is fake, I'd still like to know the maker - really nice quality to it.
    Actually, it's not even a fake, but a complete fantasy piece that combines the SS' Death's Head with the army's motto.

Finding the manufacturer will be difficult to impossible:

The makers of such items are not likely to widely advertise the fact, while collectors don't care about identifying them and won't waste their time researching the manufacturers of worthless junk that has no historical, cultural or financial value.

Thus, I am afraid that no one will be able (or even willing) to help you there.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Actually, it's not even fake, but a complete fantasy piece that combines the SS' Death's Head with the army's motto.

Finding the manufacturer will be difficult: The makers of such items are not likely to widely advertise the fact, while collectors don't care about identifying them and won't waste their time researching the manufacturers of worthless junk that has no historical, cultural or financial value.
    You just hit the nail on the head. It is indeed just a poor and awkward fantasy!
    The "posters" answer: "I'd like more of them", caused me a smile and gives way
    there is not much knowledge!

No reaction from the guy "RMSRuhr" from Essen.
    Maybe he is not convinced yet and still thinks it
    all is a joke!

When I saw the title of this thread, I knew what to expect. I laughed out loud when seeing it. The only thing I did not expect was the Gott Mit Uns motto.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

crap.

Makes for a funky fishing sinker.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast