Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What kind of ring is this?

Article about: Hi there! I was wondering what kind of ring this is? I've done some research online and according to the logo it's the '3rd panzer division totenkopf' logo. Who was this ring ment for? Is it

Question What kind of ring is this?

Hi there!
    I was wondering what kind of ring this is?
    What kind of ring is this?

I've done some research online and according to the logo it's the '3rd panzer division totenkopf' logo.
    Who was this ring ment for? Is it an officer ring or just a award-ring? It has Heinrich Himmler text on it, but no RMZ logo.
    Maybe it's from 1943 - 1945 when RMZ logos wasn't around anymore? I've seen a couple of other rings like this, but it was the NORD pnz division.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What kind of ring is this?
    P
    Many

It's not "RMZ", but "RZM", no Third Reich era ring ever had an RZM mark anyway and the RZM didn't vanish in 1943, either.

Not that any of this matters; it's post-war.

CBH
    ?

You ring is a 1970's fake.

The lack of RMZ makes little difference as rings should have "RZM" marks.

Sorry, typed too fast. RZM*

So, one of you says it's post-war. And another one says it´s fake. I'm confused.

Quote by RobMahl View Post
    So, one of you says it's post-war. And another one says it´s fake. I'm confused.
    I fail to see a contradiction between "post-war" and "1970s fake".

Well, the famous Schutzstaffel Totenkopfring was a post-war ring aswell... But what makes you say it's from 1970s? Any source that you can provide your statements?

Sorry Rob...It's from the 70's as that was about the time they began to hit the markets in numbers. This fantasy design ring has been around for decades now. It's not a real one and there never was such a ring. Aside from collecting rings for something near a half a century, I consider that all the sources that I would need...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Well, the famous Schutzstaffel Totenkopfring was a post-war ring aswell... But what makes you say it's from 1970s? Any source that you can provide your statements?
    Long time experience in collecting, which you evidently do not have. If you want to have delusions of this being a genuine period item, have at it. You have received two excellent opinions from individuals with advanced knowledge. You are new here and welcome. If you continue on, you will learn who the members with knowledge are.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Well, the famous Schutzstaffel Totenkopfring was a post-war ring aswell...
    I think you will find that it was bestowed from Christmas 1933 until further awards were cancelled for the duration of the war by the RFSS on 11 September 1944 (turned into an SSPA order of 17 October 1944, published on 15 November 1944).

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Sorry Rob...It's from the 70's as that was about the time they began to hit the markets in numbers. This fantasy design ring has been around for decades now. It's not a real one and there never was such a ring. Aside from collecting rings for something near a half a century, I consider that all the sources that I would need...
    I know there's tons of fantasy rings out there. I'm not a historian myself and when it comes to war relics and such i'm a beginner. But i have jewelry as my job and i can tell that this ring is older than from the 70s. Might be a post-war as you guys say, but i hardly disagree that it's from the 70s until proven otherwise.

But you guys says that this is from the 70s, that means that there was no such ring as panzer division rings during Third Reich era? Or is it just this specific ring design among others that is fake?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast