Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nice Heeres Flakabzeichen

Article about: NIce and rare flack artilery badge. Rare becase the maker stamp "J" and the bearer number is not on a badge itself but on the needle. In my opinion, unworn. Real or Fake?

Default Nice Heeres Flakabzeichen

NIce and rare flack artilery badge. Rare becase the maker stamp "J" and the bearer number is not on a badge itself but on the needle. In my opinion, unworn. Real or Fake?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nice Heeres Flakabzeichen   Nice Heeres Flakabzeichen  

Nice Heeres Flakabzeichen  
    Last edited by rbminis; 06-01-2017 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Edited title.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Nice Heeres Flakabzeichen
    P
    Many

Hi.
    Terrible fake!!!
    Where do they get those ideas from!?

Regards,
    Peter

Quote by Frikorps Danmark View Post
    Hi.
    Terrible fake!!!
    Where do they get those ideas from!?

Regards,
    Peter
    It's a copy of a design that most resembles that of Forster & Barth, although there are others very similar by Souval, Hobacher and Rettenmaier. The details are somewhat soft, but in my opinion the obverse would fool many. The reverse however utilises a catch that matches no combat badge I can think of, and certainly no flak badge whether Heer or Luftwaffe. The letter and numbers on the pin make no sense at all, and are often found as 'enhancements' added to fake badges in a weak ruse to add authenticity.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned.
    I was thinking where do they get those ideas about putting some fantasy manufacturer symbols/numbers etc.
    Regards,
    Peter

I have never seen those type of markings on any original before either.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi, not a chance, the reverse is of no comparable style to known originals, in fact I think several years ago I had a fake Panzerabzeichen with the same catch on it. Leon.

?

It's for sale in the classifieds now. Mind you it's on hold, so maybe the mods are onto it. Hopefully nobody has purchased this pending payment.

Nice flak artillery badge of the Wehrmacht army (Flackkampfabzeichen) - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Regards
    Brett

Quote by Brett View Post
    It's for sale in the classifieds now. Mind you it's on hold, so maybe the mods are onto it. Hopefully nobody has purchased this pending payment.

Nice flak artillery badge of the Wehrmacht army (Flackkampfabzeichen) - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Regards
    Brett
    I noticed the odd markings and contacted Ned about it. The seller was asked by me to post it here for scrutiny.
    I have since put it on hold.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)