Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände - Real or Fake?

Article about: Hi folks, First time posting on this forum. This appears to be a great place to get opinions from people who have been collecting for a long time. I will try to seek answers on any awards/ba

Quote by trespass View Post
    Hi all,

Since there seems to be some vacillating between the originality of the R.K. Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und badge I posted I thought I would post some picks from a very similarly made Kriegsmarine badge the same person has for sale.

Thus on to the next badge; A Zerstörer-Kriegsabzeichen badge.

Seller's comments; "This is an unkarked R.K. made destroyer service badge in tombak. Shows surface wear to the obverse but is 100% original and honest."

Pics below. What do you think now that you can compare this badge to the minesweeper badge? Clasp and catch on the obverse almost exactly the same between the two badges. Again thanks to all who have replied.
    I don't think there was much question about the originality but more about who RK actually was.
    The hinge and catch may be similar but the pin is different.
    Please keep thread this in mind when posting in the Awards and Decorations in the future.
    Uploading photos and posting multiple items.
    Thank you,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände - Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

I agree with Ned.

This is a nice original tombak Otto Schickle award IMO.

A totally different maker altogether,and it is made in Pfortzheim and not Gablonz.

A very nice badge to have,nonetheless.

Cheers,Martin.

?

Everything's been said already except that there's no such thing as an unmarked R.K. Minesweeper -- they're all marked. That one is indeed a genuine worn example, and the mark is just hard to make out on the photos provided.

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch-, U-Boots-Jagd- und Sicherungsverbände - Real or Fake?  

Bloody hell Norm, those are great eye's you have! I would never have spotted that mark at all. Leon.

Quote by Norm F View Post
    Everything's been said already except that there's no such thing as an unmarked R.K. Minesweeper -- they're all marked. That one is indeed a genuine worn example, and the mark is just hard to make out on the photos provided.
    Norm you have skills! Great eyes. Once you pointed out where to look, I pulled the badge off the shelf and I can see the R.K. mark with my naked eyes. It is even more apparent under a magnifying glass. It does not look to be worn down, it's just very small.

Thanks a million!

MAP
    ?

Great thread here guys!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2