Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Deactivate BSA 1918 Lee Enfield

Article about: One of my deacts, Bayonet is regimentally stamped to the highland light infantry.

Default Deactivated BSA 1918 Lee Enfield

One of my deacts, Bayonet is regimentally stamped to the highland light infantry.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Deactivate BSA 1918 Lee Enfield   Deactivate BSA 1918 Lee Enfield  

Deactivate BSA 1918 Lee Enfield   Deactivate BSA 1918 Lee Enfield  

Deactivate BSA 1918 Lee Enfield   Deactivate BSA 1918 Lee Enfield  

Last edited by Cumbrian; 06-13-2017 at 10:49 PM.

A nice one! Almost got my hands on one of these at W&P last year, but passed on it. I've since bought a No4, fitting more with my WW2 focus.
    Nice to see an original sword bayonet as well. Certainly much more impressive than the 'pig stickers' on WW2 rifles!

B.B.

Luckily I received this well before the new EU laws, obviously to UK proof standards.

I've got a nice original cruciform for my No4, previously had a pig sticker.

It's escaped the barbarism then.
    As Lee Enfield rifles have removable magazines, they're covered by a process that involved cutting a slot in the mag and welding a steel pin across the magazine well. Doesn't affect rifles with internal or built-in magazines, but Lees have really been ruined by it.

B.B.

Yes, hasn't been butchered to death

This was actually gifted to my Son months prior to the new EU law, so hopefully it will be many years before it gets butchered. Just out of curiosity, where are people meant to send their deactivated guns to meet new EU laws? Also the cost? It's a real shame people have to send deactivate guns out with certificates to get deactivated again. Seems the EU are cutting their nose off to spite their face

I believe they have to be submitted to one of the two proof houses, and re-deactivation costs £110 per piece, or thereabouts. I suspect that's why the deact market has dried up since the ruling became enforceable here; people would rather keep them and lose their investment than send them off for the chop.
    It has brought deact prices down a bit, though. If I can find one, I plan to go hunting for an EU spec MP40 at W&P. Although I imagine not many have been submitted to be redone, given their value.

When has the EU ever done anything sensible, though?

B.B.

They've done nothing sensible! I've spoke to an MEP, so straight from the horses mouth. There are people sat there making stupid laws and when they meet to view these new laws they don't have time to read the pros and cons. So many laws get passed without even being looked at! At some stage this will have to be butchered sadly.

We can only hope that the powers that be see sense in time, although I'm not holding my breath.
    I do wonder how things are going to look around the trader stands at W&P this year. There should be plenty of everything else, but deacts may be a little thin on the ground.

B.B.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast