Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAD Dagger ... Fake isnt it?

Article about: Hi guys, I have started collecting 6 months ago. Usually I have someone who can get me real stuff from auctions. Anyway I started to look up for a few things by my own and now I got an offer

Default RAD Dagger ... Fake isnt it?

Hi guys,

I have started collecting 6 months ago. Usually I have someone who can get me real stuff from auctions. Anyway I started to look up for a few things by my own and now I got an offer for this one. I did already some research and I think this one is not a real one. Looking for some experts to tell me if I should stay away from this one or just get it

Thanks a lot.
    RAD Dagger ... Fake isnt it?RAD Dagger ... Fake isnt it?RAD Dagger ... Fake isnt it?RAD Dagger ... Fake isnt it?RAD Dagger ... Fake isnt it?RAD Dagger ... Fake isnt it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Dagger ... Fake isnt it?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum Piccolo2.

Sadly, it is bad. Always wait for a consensus however

Here is a beautiful example to compare to. Look at the high quality craftsmanship, etching and materials.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...hanger-567043/
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks a lot. Would have been to nice to be true for that price this dagger was offerd.

Have a good one. I guess thread cna be closed.

Check out my baby for comparison!

Pretty RAD!!!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

As stated..
    Just look at the lack of detail on the scabbard alone..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Quote by Piccolo02 View Post
    Thanks a lot. Would have been to nice to be true for that price this dagger was offerd.

Have a good one. I guess thread cna be closed.
    No need to close the thread.

Look closely at everything on "your" dagger vs. the one I posted. It will all be clear (blade, fuller, screws, etching, scabbard fittings, etc. etc.)

Edit: And Neds as well....got to keep him happy As a new collector there is more information on this forum that you can imaging. Just use some key words (Boker, RAD, Dagger, etc) and use the search function on the top right of the page.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well I might like to ask another Q when it comes to RAD daggers. In a mid condition. What they are usually worth? @bid ned ur dagger is awesome!

MAP
    ?

Well I might like to ask another Q when it comes to RAD daggers. In a mid condition. What they are usually worth? @bid ned ur dagger is awesome!
    As a new member, one thing we don't generally discuss is prices. Not directed at your question but it is something we stay away from for a number of reasons. Best bet is to search some of the major dealers and then discount the price by 25% +/- to determine a collector to collector price.

Here is a starter...

The Collector's Guild

Other dealers to look at are Whitmann and Lakeside Traders

All I can say is that what I thought was a bit of rash indulgence has turned into an absolute bargain in the intervening time since I acquired it. A pretty average hewer with non of the accoutrements goes for around what I paid for this, so I'm well pleased. Here's a well known dealer with a large stock of RAD hewers, these prices are top dollar so allow for up to 30-40% less for a collector to collector deal I guess?

Wittmann Antique Militaria - RAD (Reichsarbeitsdienst) Dagger Section

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Check out my baby for comparison!

Pretty RAD!!!

Regards, Ned.
    Stellar Hewer Big Ned. Don't come along much nicer!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast