Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz - Opinions Please!

Article about: Hello all, I've come across a 3rd class wound badge. From what I've read on this forum, I'm pretty sure its OK but I'd love to get a second opinion. This example appears to be of the late wa

?

Smile Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz - Opinions Please!

Hello all, I've come across a 3rd class wound badge. From what I've read on this forum, I'm pretty sure its OK but I'd love to get a second opinion. This example appears to be of the late war steel type and doesn't have a manufacturer's mark (anyone have any idea who it may be?). Anyway, the price seems to be good, what does everyone think? All opinions welcomed, Thanks guys!

Cheers, skip01.

Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz - Opinions Please!Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz - Opinions Please!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Verwundetenabzeichen 1939 in Schwarz - Opinions Please!
    P
    Many

Without a maker mark, it will be very difficult if not impossible to determine the exact manufacturer. Different manufacturers were known for having slight alterations and flaws, but I'm not knowledgeable enough on these to give an informed answer. Hopefully someone will come along who is.

Looks like a good one to me, though.

Regards, B.B.

?

I'd be giving this one a wide berth. It's a chaos pattern fake. Note the crappy dot pattern between the sword hilts. Have a look at the following link & you will see a badge with an identical obverse. Don't worry about the hardware difference as these come with a few different varieties of catch & hinge:

First Verwundetenabzeichen

Regards
    Brett

?

Thanks for the response, guys. Ouch, guess I'll be giving this one a miss, it's from quite a reputable seller/dealer as well! The fake dot pattern is quite obvious once its pointed out! Once again, thank god for this forum and it's members Cheers guys, skip01.

It doesn't look right. The chaotic pebbling is a troubling sign