Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

German Officer Boots

Article about: I have this pair of boots that I purchased several months back and was told that they are private purchased WW2 Era German Officer boots. I know that these are not textbook boots. What are s

Default German Officer Boots

I have this pair of boots that I purchased several months back and was told that they are private purchased WW2 Era German Officer boots. I know that these are not textbook boots. What are some textbook points to look for in a good pair of officer boots? I am concerned that the leather part that comes from the foot is sewn over the front part might mean that these are post war. Has anyone seen these type of boots in WW2 period photos on officers? Any help is greatly appreciated.

German Officer BootsGerman Officer BootsGerman Officer BootsGerman Officer BootsGerman Officer BootsGerman Officer BootsGerman Officer BootsGerman Officer Boots

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Officer Boots
    P
    Many

I've never seen the high leather attached in such a fashion before. It's almost as if the officer converted his ankle boots into riding style boots. Interesting.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I have a pair of Officer boots to compare but with thousands of boot makers of the period, any comparison is likely meaningless.

German Officer Boots German Officer Boots German Officer Boots

What are some things to look for in finding an original pair of officer boots? Are there any good reference books?