Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

US Medic's Uniform

Article about: I recently rediscovered this WW2 US Army Medic's uniform that I purchased a while back ago. I thought I'd share this and was also curious if anyone happened to know what the ticket is as it

Quote by chbingle View Post
    Does anyone know what the tag above is exactly? I've always assumed it was his dog tag but I haven't seen any others like it. Sorry if its a simple question haha, I just haven't seen one like it.

This is just an Identity bracelet that maybe a sweetheart or mother gave to the Soldier prior to shipping out. These were not uncommon, I have several of these that belonged to Soldiers, Pilots, Sailors and Marines. It was not uncommon to have the Service number of the Soldier inscribed on the bracelet. Also a good form of identity in the event the dog tags were lost, or the remains in some cases could not be identified. Something as simple as a small bracelet could bring closure to families wanting to know what happened to their loved ones..

What is also very good about this item is that it has the Service number, and if you did not have the Red Cross Identity Card or a name written in the uniform, then this could be used to start the search process to locate information about the Soldier..

Smitty

Thanks for the information, thats very helpful to know!

Smitty

You do great service to the collecting community.

Thank you Rakkasan 187

Phill

ASMIC,USMF

?

I agree with Smitty regarding the NARA as a valuable resource for research. Several years ago I purchased several WWII letters and documents related to a combat medic who was KIA in Germany in February 1945. He was awarded the silver star. Although the letters have amazing content (they were not censored), I was only able to find out details about the circumstances of his death through documents that were added to his service record years after the war. Fortunately, his records survived the 1970s fire, and these proved to be well worth the $60 investment (and the thee month wait) for his full services records.

Tom
    Last edited by hftiii; 07-29-2017 at 01:32 PM.

Phil, and others..

I am so very humbled by your compliments and comments about my contributions.. I thank you very much. My passion for preserving history and helping others has enabled me to meet some wonderful people over the years and when I was a young collector I had several who took me under their wings, so now in my 50's I want to pay it back and also pay it forward to others..

Smitty

Smitty

I have do a thread on 187th ARCT Shoulder sleeve Insignia Korean war.

Phill

Quote by Phill Lockett View Post
    Smitty

I have do a thread on 187th ARCT Shoulder sleeve Insignia Korean war.

Phill
    Oh boy... Oh boy....

Can't wait..

Smitty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2