Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fallschirmjäger helmet?

Article about: Hi everyone, I asked a family member who lives abroad to have a look in the local market and see if they could find any ww2 helmets. They sent me pictures of what I believe to be a fallschir

Default Fallschirmjäger helmet?

Hi everyone,
    I asked a family member who lives abroad to have a look in the local market and see if they could find any ww2 helmets. They sent me pictures of what I believe to be a fallschirmjäger helmet (though I am not sure). I am also not sure whether it's real or not (can anyone suggest what to look for in authenticating the helmet?).

Thanks.Fallschirmjäger helmet?Fallschirmjäger helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fallschirmjäger helmet?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Maybe others can tell, but I would need to see much better photos of the helmet and details. Including straight on photos of the decal, markings, rolled edges, locking nuts.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

From these photos it looks like a post war shell to me.
    A good decal photo and a photo of the maker and size stamp could tell us more.

Agree with above post. Does not look right from the pics, including the decal

Hi, the vent looks bloated to me and for such an immaculate helmet it is odd that the liner is absent?? Also the photograph taped inside does not look like period paper either. Personally I think this is a modern fake with a fake picture too. Leon.

MAP
    ?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, the vent looks bloated to me and for such an immaculate helmet it is odd that the liner is absent?? Also the photograph taped inside does not look like period paper either. Personally I think this is a modern fake with a fake picture too. Leon.
    The photo is actually a sloppy flaw...with a liner in the helmet it would be impossible to put the photo in or even see it. Plus I have seen this photo before.

And while no more reasons are needed to call this one out as bad, the liner bolts look brand new.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)