Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please Identify Unknown Variant German KM or WH Field Jacket/Tunic?

Article about: Hello, please help me to identify a German field jacket, tunic. I was unable to find such a piece in the Internet which has no sleeve cuffs and completely hidden skirt pockets (except for th

Default Please Identify Unknown Variant German KM or WH Field Jacket/Tunic?

Hello,
    please help me to identify a German field jacket, tunic. I was unable to find such a piece in the
    Internet which has no sleeve cuffs and completely hidden skirt pockets (except for their flaps).
    Not even any stitches of these pockets can be seen on the outside.

Furthermore, can you please tell me whether it is Heer or Kriegsmarine?

I would greatly appreciate any help or information. Best regards Stefan

Please Identify Unknown Variant German KM or WH Field Jacket/Tunic?Please Identify Unknown Variant German KM or WH Field Jacket/Tunic?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please Identify Unknown Variant German KM or WH Field Jacket/Tunic?
    P
    Many

based off of a reference book I was just flipping through, I would take a guess that the tunic is from captured stocks of another country maybe Austrian or Czech? however this is merely a guess as I would think that an officer would not be using a captured tunic. I would wait and see if one of the more experienced members could provide a better answer.

Welcome to the forum. The jacket is certainly not German and has been enhanced by the addition of a reproduction eagle. Avoid this item. If you have already purchased it, attempt to obtain a refund.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hello,
    many thanks for the helpful information, but it is never a fake brust eagle.
    I had removed the eagle and I found behind it 2 small chits. One has a stamp
    of 1939 as well as with 2 letters. The other has a ID number. Probably a model
    number of the eagle and the Word "Gold". Which means it was a golden eagle.
    (see photo with the both chits)

No counterfeiter would have bothered to hide behind it 2 old chits, if someone
    looks behind it, he must think this is all original. That makes no sense!

I still have a further jacket from the same soldier. He was at the "coastal artillery".
    I have both acquired from a family. Both together for 70 euros and I know 100%
    that these are genuine. See the other photos.

Sorry for my bad englisch, but Iám a German and for more then 30 Years out of
    School. best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please Identify Unknown Variant German KM or WH Field Jacket/Tunic?   Please Identify Unknown Variant German KM or WH Field Jacket/Tunic?  

Please Identify Unknown Variant German KM or WH Field Jacket/Tunic?   Please Identify Unknown Variant German KM or WH Field Jacket/Tunic?  

Please Identify Unknown Variant German KM or WH Field Jacket/Tunic?   Please Identify Unknown Variant German KM or WH Field Jacket/Tunic?  

Attached Images Attached Images Please Identify Unknown Variant German KM or WH Field Jacket/Tunic? 

I have never seen these type of markings on any genuine 3rdf Reich era insignia.
    BOB

Maybe the first tunic is German Reichweir tunic with tailored collar ?

Lightbulb

Dear Coleman, I agree with you, I can not found a similar one, but why should someone place the two pieces of paper hide these behind the chest eagle or between the breast eagle and the jacket fabric?
    Why should someone do this? The one does not know that I remove the eagle.

Dear Kradman,
    I also took a look to Reichswehr Uniform, but I do not found such. I do not have an idea anymore!

The tags were likely put there by the person selling the insignia. It would not have anything to do with the person who attached it to the tunic. By the way, my name is Bob. Calling me Coleman sounds like I am the butler!
    BOB

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I have never seen these type of markings on any genuine 3rdf Reich era insignia.
    I don't need to state or reinforce this point. But if anyone on here could tell you about period insignia and it's denotations of makers stamps and identification it WOULD be Bob Mr. Coleman. Besides period insignia on fake items is common in an attempt to validate one another. A $100 embroidered eagle on a $50 repro tunic equals $$$$ stolen away from the uneducated collector and profit to the savvy conman. Kindest regards.

Brian

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    The tags were likely put there by the person selling the insignia. It would not have anything to do with the person who attached it to the tunic. By the way, my name is Bob. Calling me Coleman sounds like I am the butler!
    Dear Bob,
    sorry that I called you "Coleman". Here in Germany we use most the surname of a person. I'll try to explain it again. I bought the two jackets together from a family
    for 70 Euro. Both jackets had a breast eagle. I removed both eagles from the jackets to offer the jackets on eBay. eBay Germany does not allowed swastika on items.
    This is the reason why I removed the eagles!

Then I found the two small notes behind the breast eagle. Sewn between the eagle and the jacket fabric. Believe it or not.

Anyway, many thanks to all for help.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast