Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!

Article about: Hello all, Here's an early dagger for your consideration. I've been offered it at £525 by my dealer friend, perhaps a bit on the expensive side with regards to its condition? Using this foru

?

Smile SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!

Hello all, Here's an early dagger for your consideration. I've been offered it at £525 by my dealer friend, perhaps a bit on the expensive side with regards to its condition?

Using this forum, this dagger appears to be OK, the fit seems good as with all early daggers (with no wood shrinkage) and with even wear across the entire piece. Also, the SA gruppe mark 'P' (Pommern) matches the maker - Max Weyersberg, Solingen. Even though the blade could be better, there is still some cross-grain evident. The pommel nut doesn't appear to have any signs of being tampered with either. What do you think? Generally speaking, the piece is a bit scuffed/dinged. Is this all part of it's character? or Shall I hold out for a better example at this price range?

Also, can anyone recommend a reputable (reasonably priced) seller here in the UK?

Cheers and many thanks guys, skip01.

SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!
    P
    Many

Hi Skip ..I would not mind to add this one to my collection and will highlight a Max Weyersburg HJ Knife that I have in my collection.
    The blade could use a bit of simi chrome and I would do nothing else to it after that.

The price seems to be fair for this Rarity 6 SA Dagger.

The choice is yours what you want to do next ..but in my opening line above ..I would take it...and you could always upgrade later.
    The Dagger, its fittings and condition that is expected to be seen with the materials are correct.

Thanks for sharing

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Nice Original i have been there dagger!
    Nice overal fit between shoulders, guards and throat.

#larry, i remember that nice Weyersberg HJ knife

Ger

?

Thanks for the response, guys. I am forever in debt to this forum and it's experts Thanks for confirming my thoughts on this dagger, I'll have a closer look at it and I may well purchase it soon Cheers, skip01

Post some great photos Skip when you finally receive it.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Finally received my dagger today, I'm really pleased In my eyes, this dagger has got character. The price was good too, so a 'win-win' for me. The daggers construction/fit across the crossguards is nice and tight with no gaps and the scabbard fits well too. There is still some very light crossgraining on the blade.

As promised, here are some better quality images. Photographing the blade and makers mark proved quite difficult to acccurately capture the blade condition.

Let me know what you think guys!

SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!SA Dienstdolch - Opinions Please!