Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Finnish M40?

Article about: I recently bought this very interesting looking helmet from a Finnish vendor and I'm not quite what helmet this is exactly. To me it looks like a German M40 issued to the Finns. The decals h

?

Default Finnish M40?

I recently bought this very interesting looking helmet from a Finnish vendor and I'm not quite what helmet this is exactly. To me it looks like a German M40 issued to the Finns. The decals have also been scraped off, possibly after the war I'm not sure.

If anyone could help me identifying this helmet I'd appreciate it.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Finnish M40?
    P
    Many

?

Default Pictures

I'm a new user so I'm a bit lost and I accidentally published the thread although my post wasn't ready but here are the pictures of the helmet, haha.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish M40?   Finnish M40?  

Finnish M40?  

Have a look at this site. The four rivet helmet is shown. Probably a German post war police helmet of sorts.

Cheers,
    Emile

?

Alright thanks, I'll look in to it. Here is a few more pictures of the liner.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Finnish M40?   Finnish M40?  

Finnish M40?  

Post war Helmet most likely one of the M55 Helmets Finland brought from Germany and someone has added decals for what ever reason

?

Yeah that's an option too, but as Emil said it has 4 rivets which is pretty unusual and and the placement of the rivets are very different as well compared to the M55 helmet, as far as I'm concerned.

This is a parade lightweight helmet I found from German-Helmets.com that has the same kind of rivet placement.
    German-Helmets.com
    Attached Images Attached Images Finnish M40? 

?

I looked further and found that the SD helmets had 4 rivets but it's highly unlikely that this would be one of those but I don't know.
    German-Helmets.com