Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Imperial Japanese Army Medals

Article about: Hello, I know that on uniform jackets that medals have certain positions. I was wondering what medals go below the left breast pocket on Imperial Japanese Army Officers jackets? I have a cou

Default Imperial Japanese Army Medals

Hello, I know that on uniform jackets that medals have certain positions. I was wondering what medals go below the left breast pocket on Imperial Japanese Army Officers jackets? I have a couple of pics as examples. Thanks!Imperial Japanese Army MedalsImperial Japanese Army Medals

What exactly is your point? Medals all go on the left chest above the pocket not below. The first photo shows the Order of the Chrysanthemum and the second shows a NCO merit badge being worn. Other orders and badges can go there as well.

I was under the impression that certain badges were attached below the left breast pocket. I am trying to complete a jacket that I have in my collection with the appropriate badge that, it has a badge loop below the left breast pocket.

I guessed that was why you were asking, but in that case you need to show the loops and the whole uniform. Order breast stars needed 3 sets of loops each and what order was possible depended on rank. A Golden Kite could have gone there too, but only if your uniform was for field grade or general officer. Read post 7 here Story of the Golden Kite
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Japanese Army Medals  

Here are a few pics of my jacket. The jacket has just one set of loops. Any ideas on what badges would go there?

Imperial Japanese Army MedalsImperial Japanese Army MedalsImperial Japanese Army Medals

Frankly, it's a strange combination. That position normally holds army marksmanship and other skills badges for men and NCOs. I cannot think of any badges an officer would wear there. Are the loops wide enough to allow the wide pins for the proficiency badges as shown here? https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/japan...badges-677442/

I don't think the loops are wide enough. Thanks for your help.

I'll show you the facts about Japanese medal loops. Here's how most army badges are structured in the back. Japanese uniforms should not have loops like those for a German Iron Cross.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Japanese Army Medals  

?

Could it be for veteran time expired badge?

?

Could it be for veteran time expired badge? They're usually worn on the chest

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast