Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Imperial Japanese Army Medals

Article about: Hello, I know that on uniform jackets that medals have certain positions. I was wondering what medals go below the left breast pocket on Imperial Japanese Army Officers jackets? I have a cou

Wrong side for that.

I finally found the answer for you. Your uniform belonged to a reservist officer and he had a martial skills badge for reservists, which was worn at a height between the 4th and 3rd button on the left chest. That would mean he also wore a reservist's badge on the right side, but the seller must have removed the loops to make it look like an active service officer.

Unlike normal army proficiency badges, these badges could be won by officers and men alike, so long as you were an official member of the reservist's organization. See also how the pin was thin to suit the loops on your jacket.

1936 Reservist Regs below
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Japanese Army Medals   Imperial Japanese Army Medals  

Imperial Japanese Army Medals  
    Attached Images Attached Images Imperial Japanese Army Medals 

?

Attractive badges!

?

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    I finally found the answer for you. Your uniform belonged to a reservist officer and he had a martial skills badge for reservists, which was worn at a height between the 4th and 3rd button on the left chest. That would mean he also wore a reservist's badge on the right side, but the seller must have removed the loops to make it look like an active service officer.

Unlike normal army proficiency badges, these badges could be won by officers and men alike, so long as you were an official member of the reservist's organization. See also how the pin was thin to suit the loops on your jacket.

1936 Reservist Regs below

Great stuff Nick !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

I like how there is an official position for when wearing Wafuku.

Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I want the swordsmanship badge!!!

Are they rare?

-Guy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Japanese Army Medals  

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    Oooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I want the swordsmanship badge!!!

Are they rare?

-Guy
    Sent you a PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2