Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M35 DD Heer - the more pretty twin brother

Article about: Hello. This is the brother of the EF62 M35 "DD" Army I found in the woodwork about two months ago. Same maker, size, color, decal etc. This helmet is also straight out of the woodw

Default M35 DD Heer - the more pretty twin brother

Hello.

This is the brother of the EF62 M35 "DD" Army I found in the woodwork about two months ago. Same maker, size, color, decal etc.
    This helmet is also straight out of the woodwork, never before in a collection.

The helmet was found in a cabin in Selbu, Norway. The germans occupied the cabin for leisure. The father in law of the seller found the helmet when the war ended and he could take the cabin back. Selbu is not far from Værnes Airport. The seller claims the cabin was occupied by Luftwaffe soldiers, but the helmet indicates otherwise. Maybe the cabin was used by several units when they had time off..who knows.

The helmet:
    M35 DD Army EF62 lot 20447.
    Liner marked by initials KF on the leather.
    Complete, nice and soft chinstrap, but no maker mark.
    Reinforced aluminium liner band is dated 1939.
    Decal is from August Jüttner.

The pictures are a little darker than it is in hand. The last picture is the most realistic color. By the way, is this what they call apple green?

Enjoy!

MrMiler.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 DD Heer - the more pretty twin brother   M35 DD Heer - the more pretty twin brother  

M35 DD Heer - the more pretty twin brother   M35 DD Heer - the more pretty twin brother  

M35 DD Heer - the more pretty twin brother   M35 DD Heer - the more pretty twin brother  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 DD Heer - the more pretty twin brother
    P
    Many

Really nice complete helmet, I love the wear on this. Both lids look great together.

Yep...very nice pair. EFs' are tough to find, least seen out of the makers of M35 Heer helmets.

1939 dated are expected to have a very dark green finish , as yours do.

Awesome helmets - particularly the one with the national shield. You're a lucky man Mr Miler.

Very nice, two great looking lids with a story to tell. Leon.

Thank you guys. This year has been a very good collecting year for me with several items straight out from the woodwork.