Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mexican M26 Adrian Infantry & Cavalry Helmets

Article about: I wanna share two "new" Mexican Adrians with you.. I sold them on ebay , but before they fly off to their new owners, i would like to show them here at WRF, for in case somebody´s

Default Mexican M26 Adrian Infantry & Cavalry Helmets

I wanna share two "new" Mexican Adrians with you.. I sold them on ebay , but before they fly off to their new owners, i would like to show them here at WRF, for in case somebody´s going to do research on MX- Adrians, they can get some pics / comparison material here.

Both are complete and in good condition. As usual, the liner is missing (.. i have never seen a MX- Adrian with liner).
    The Badges are usually removed, but here they are still present.
    One is badged for INFANTRY , the other one for CAVALRY, both are French made, as they have RIVETS.
    There are Mexican made "clones" who have no rivets.

The Mexican Army used the M26cAdrian from 1935 untl more or less 1948. They are getting rarer everyday.

At the last pics you can see the 4 Mx Adrians that i have at this moment, the 2 sold ones, and 2 from my personal collection.. I hope you like them..

Cheers from earthquaky Mexico City

Quote by danhashman View Post
    ... Cheers from earthquaky Mexico City
    Hope you and your family are well!

Very interesting helmets.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Last edited by Alter Musketier; 09-23-2017 at 11:00 AM.
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

The helmet top right of the last pic seems to be "bleu clair" (sky blue) similiar to the colour of the French M15/early M26 helmets. But its Mexican badge is in the same shade too, so probably it's not the original French colour but a similiar colour used by the Mexican Army by its own?

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

Quote by Alter Musketier View Post
    The helmet top right of the last pic seems to be "bleu clair" (sky blue) similiar to the colour of the French M15/early M26 helmets. But its Mexican badge is in the same shade too, so probably it's not the original French colour but a similiar colour used by the Mexican Army by its own?

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Was going to ask the same ? about the blue one !

These are fantastic, rare helmets. Thanks for showing & yes....hope you are in a safe area far from earthquakes.

actually it is a Cavalry Adrian, in a light grey colour.. This one is "special", as it keeps the chinstrap and the colour seems to be period- original, as it sows quite some wear... No traces aof green colour are to be seem under the grey.. It might have belonges to some special unit or so..

Anotherone shows a brown comb. To my knowledge, that was a distintive for higher ranked officials. The troop had green combs..

Quote by Alter Musketier View Post
    Hope you and your family are well!

Very interesting helmets.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    Thanks man...
    All ok, but quite scared... this morning the alams woke us up and made us evacuate the building, but it was a very light shake.
    no damage in my house, except some fallen down items.. The "BUNKER", my collection room was made a mess, all my helmets (with their heads) where on the floor.. but its helmets, so they are build to last..

My God....God Bless You my forum friend. Hope you stay out of harms way.

David

?

Stay safe Dan!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Horror! Yes, stay safe!

With best wishes
    alter musketier