Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Erste Stufe

Article about: I need help with this medal, im pretty sure it’s genuine but i would love help to identifiy if it’s real

Default Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Erste Stufe

I need help with this medal, im pretty sure it’s genuine but i would love help to identifiy if it’s real
    Last edited by rbminis; 10-03-2017 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Erste Stufe
    P
    Many

I have one of these medals, and should be able to help. Will need photos, though!

B.B.

I added photos, thanks!

Here are photos of the one I own for comparison. The enamel on these is usually the giveaway.
    When you turn the cross in the light, you should be able to see 'pebbles' under the blue parts. I believe I can indeed see that in your pictures. The odd chips to the white enamel also lend weight to my belief that this one is good. The pattern on the ribbon also looks genuine to me. Reproductions of this cross tend to be rather obvious, with the points of the 'rays' coming out of the central roundel being blunt rather than pointed.
    However, better fakes do exist, and I'd wait for those with more experience than me to make that call. The strike of the lettering on the back of yours looks rather soft, but that could simply be a maker variation or a trick of the light.

Is this cross on its own, or does it have a case? Gold awards tend to be cased more often than not, which is helpful when identifying the maker, as they tend to be marked on the inside of the lid.

Regards, B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Erste Stufe   Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Erste Stufe  

Thanks! Here is pictures of the case and its maker!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Erste Stufe   Ehrenkreuz der Deutsche Mutter Erste Stufe  

Congratulations on a nice minty case! All too often the strip of silk covering the hinge is frayed or missing.
    Mine is also cased, though it's a little bit tattier than yours, and it's by the maker 'C.F. Zimmermann Pforzheim.' Was half-expecting yours to be the same.

B.B.

Thanks! Here is pictures of the case and its maker!

Thank you very much for your help! So, just a wrap up, you think this is a genuine cross with a good looking box?

Thanks!

Quote by Lagge01 View Post
    Thank you very much for your help! So, just a wrap up, you think this is a genuine cross with a good looking box?

Thanks!
    Yes, my opinion is that this is an original cross. I can't see anything glaringly wrong with it or the case. Of course, there's a chance that I might be wrong. Fakes of this medal do exist, but there are relatively few in comparison to most other awards. This is one of the few German decorations that I'm comfortable enough to make a judgement on.
    Now you just need the silver and bronze classes to complete the set!

B.B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast