Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

A royal camo

Article about: M40 SD Luft EF64 5153. This helmet has an H7 mark engraved in front of the helmet. H7 is the royal monogram of the Norwegian king during ww2, King Haakon the 7th. I got this helmet recently

Default A royal camo

M40 SD Luft EF64 5153.

This helmet has an H7 mark engraved in front of the helmet. H7 is the royal monogram of the Norwegian king during ww2, King Haakon the 7th.

I got this helmet recently from an estate sale in Oslo, Norway. Never before in a collection.
    Unfortunately I don't have any more background info. The family is somewhat reluctant to disclose info of the guy who had it. However, the monogram suggest it was picked up by a Norwegian resistance guy or simply just someone who was happy the king was finally back in Norway in may 1945.

It was first painted brown, then green on top of that later. Kind of a WW1 camo theme. It's full of dust and spiderwebs. The splitpins are nice and tight. Even the chinstrap is very tight in the buckle. The chinstrap has been shortened.
    You can see the eagle peeking through on the left side. No trace of the national shield.

I hope you like it.

Sorry for the "dark" indoor pictures. Bad weather these days. Only the last three pics are taken outdoors.

All the best,
    MrMiler
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A royal camo   A royal camo  

A royal camo   A royal camo  

A royal camo  
    Last edited by MrMiler; 10-11-2017 at 09:16 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A royal camo
    P
    Many

Are you sure the green paint that's over the brown, is an oil based paint? Looking at image No.13 around a rivet the air bubbles in the green paint are similar to what you get with fast drying acrylic paint. Of course if it is, it's post war.

I'm still a newbie when it comes to collecting helmets and especially camo helmets. But I'm learning every day. This is my second camo-helmet.

That said, I don't have any conserns about this helmet. I had high belief when I bought it because who I bought if from (from the estate sale) and my belief has been confirmed by top collectors on another forum already.

I have no idea how to tell the difference between an oil based vs acrylic paint. If you do, please tell me. All knowledge is good. Thank you for your input.

Hi, interesting helmet, although I can add nothing in the way of information or opinion as it is not one in my field. Leon.

Somehow I missed this !!

A very nice & looks to be period done camo. That brushed green shade is seen on many helmets from Norway. I don't see one "red flag" with it. It's an M40...so national colors no. It is an ET, not EF. Liner looks a bit odd, but maybe poor pics. I like it & one I would have on my shelf.
    Last edited by real steel; 10-19-2017 at 03:03 AM.