Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Mantel M36 help!

Article about: Hello. All is correct on an overcoat? The original? There is an opinion that the collar and buttons on the epaulettes were worn.

?

Default Mantel M36 help!

Hello. All is correct on an overcoat? The original? There is an opinion that the collar and buttons on the epaulettes were worMantel M36 help!n.
    Mantel M36 help!
    Mantel M36 help!
    Mantel M36 help!
    Mantel M36 help!
    Mantel M36 help!
    Mantel M36 help!
    Mantel M36 help!
    Mantel M36 help!
    Mantel M36 help!
    Mantel M36 help!
    Mantel M36 help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Mantel M36 help!
    P
    Many

?

Is everything correct? Original? There is an opinion that the collar and buttons on shoulder straps changed.

Hello, I think the mantel is OK, for the boards, I don't know.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

A collar from this overcoat? There are no buttons on the collar

I think its an original coat with fake shoulder boards (I dont like the 'hairy' piping) I suspect the coat has been faced with dark green cloth after it left the factory, (you can see feldgrau cloth underneath visible through the hole in the dark green material, which implies it is covering the original collar. It looks like it was done a while ago, but quiet crudely. Could be a wartime modification by someone who didn't like the change over to field grey collars. Doug

An original Mantel that looks like it has been modified. The dark green collar appears period to me and I agree it may have been applied war time. I don't think it was done crudely - it appears to have been applied with a sewing machine. It has some crude stitching repairs though that are visible. I think the shoulder boards stand a chance but decent photos of both sides would help. The Tresse appears correct to me. Others should chime in. NH

?

Is the marking original? This is not an ARIAL font?

Quote by Dma32 View Post
    Is the marking original? This is not an ARIAL font?
    What marking? Size markings and manufacturer stamps would be inside above the pocket. NH

?

I do not have stamps in my pockets. Only on the overcoat a stamp without a year

- - ------- - -

Stamp only with size and manufacturer

Hello,

IMHO you have a nice early overcoat. All original except the buttons have been resewn at some time. I would like to see better shots of the shoulder boars...top, bottom, opened. Thank you.

Fred