Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1 from the 41st Infantry Division

Article about: I just picked up this M1 at a local antique mall this afternoon. It’s the first M1 I’ve bought and I just figured I’d share a few pictures here. It has the insignia of the 41st Infantry divi

Default M1 from the 41st Infantry Division

I just picked up this M1 at a local antique mall this afternoon. It’s the first M1 I’ve bought and I just figured I’d share a few pictures here. It has the insignia of the 41st Infantry division on the liner shell as well, so it more than likely saw some use in the Pacific theatre

M1 from the 41st Infantry DivisionM1 from the 41st Infantry DivisionM1 from the 41st Infantry DivisionM1 from the 41st Infantry DivisionM1 from the 41st Infantry Division

Can't comment on the decals....the pics are sideways & the old man can't twist his neck to see.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Can't comment on the decals....the pics are sideways & the old man can't twist his neck to see.
    Haha sadly they’ve been uploading like that for me lately :/

M1 from the 41st Infantry Division

Quote by chbingle View Post
    REAL STEEL....I doubt if you can brag about being older....Doug

Quote by chbingle View Post
    Well.. it looks like a decent M1 to me. If he decals are post war applied.. hard to tell, the liner is WW2 & so is the shell.

Is it a rear seam or front seam lid? I cannot make out from the pics. I like the finish on the lid and the liner.
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    Is it a rear seam or front seam lid? I cannot make out from the pics. I like the finish on the lid and the liner.
    John
    It’s a front seam lid

Picked it up for $75, did I do good? I've heard conflicting things on the current values of these, and I know the manufacturer of the helmet/liner can make a difference too

I will give you £80, nice set. source a nice leather chinstrap to go with it.

For $75 either way its a fantastic find.why can't we find sets like this in the UK.well done................

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast