Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Hinomaru Flag with shrine stamps translation assistance request

Article about: Hello, I would be grateful if someone could translate this flag. Sorry for the flag being wrinkled in some of the photos as I had to rely on someone else to take the photos-hopefully they wi

Thumbs up Hinomaru Flag with shrine stamps translation assistance request

UPDATED PHOTOS OF THE FLAG, KANJI AND STAMPS ARE ON PAGE 2 AND 3 OF THIS THREAD

CLICK HERE FOR PAGE 2 --> Hinomaru Flag with shrine stamps translation assistance request

CLICK HERE FOR PAGE 3 --> Hinomaru Flag with shrine stamps translation assistance request

Hello,

I would be grateful if someone could translate this flag. It measures 28×39 inches and is made of silk. Flag retains the both leather tabs at the corners but is missing the string from the lower one.

Sorry for the flag being wrinkled in some of the photos as I had to rely on someone else to take the photos-hopefully they will be adequate for a translation.

Thanks

Hinomaru Flag with shrine stamps translation assistance requestHinomaru Flag with shrine stamps translation assistance requestHinomaru Flag with shrine stamps translation assistance requestHinomaru Flag with shrine stamps translation assistance requestHinomaru Flag with shrine stamps translation assistance requestHinomaru Flag with shrine stamps translation assistance requestHinomaru Flag with shrine stamps translation assistance requestHinomaru Flag with shrine stamps translation assistance request
    Last edited by godzilla2007; 12-27-2018 at 07:18 PM.

?

I in no way read Japanese.... but it looks to be up-side-down in the photos?

Quote by Shamsy View Post
    I in no way read Japanese.... but it looks to be up-side-down in the photos?
    Yes, it is upside down.

?

Can u post some better picture of this one marked with yellow tick( correct orientation)? I mean closed up photos marked by circle.

?

....Hinomaru Flag with shrine stamps translation assistance request

Last edited by godzilla2007; 11-22-2017 at 07:31 PM.

?

1.Royal( ie Japan)
    2.wind
    3.spreads
    4. 6
    5. (4 and 5 perhaps is a place)
    6, 8, 11 . name of that particular 3 generals
    7 and 10 . major general

9. lieutant general

Need better photos of that wordings at the right of the flag.Hinomaru Flag with shrine stamps translation assistance request

Thanks. I will take better photos and post as soon as i have the flag in my possession.

?

Correction:
    9 is Lieutenant
    10 is lieu. general
    4 and 5 together may mean a place.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast