Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Hinomaru Flag with shrine stamps translation assistance request

Article about: Hello, I would be grateful if someone could translate this flag. Sorry for the flag being wrinkled in some of the photos as I had to rely on someone else to take the photos-hopefully they wi

What made me suspicious of the other flag that glowed in black light was the fact that it had no presenter's name. These were exactly the same as Christmas or Birthday cards, so it was as unnatural as an anonymous Happy Birthday card.

Your calligraphy flag is also highly unnatural in the sense that a mere 1st Lt. is offering the "words of wisdom" and having a Lt. General sign his name, which is normally socially unacceptable in Japan, particularly in the military. So there remains still the possibility that someone added a general's name recently. Unfortunately with no first names and no way to check that those people all belonged together, some questions regarding authenticity will have to remain unanswered.

What a fascinating thread !

Makes me want to learn more :0 Well done guys

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I blacklight tested the flag in this post and the flag passed the test. The calligraphy all appears to have been done at the same time. Doesn't look as though anything was added later. But as you said there seems no way to definitely say it is 100 percent authentic without correlating the names and/or tying in a unit to a particular place in time. Unfortunately forged signatures can not be definitively ruled out.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5