Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Fireman’s Bayonet

Article about: Hello all, just got surprised with this nice fireman’s dress bayonet for Christmas! I just wanted to show it off here, this is my first bayonet to add to my collection, so any information wo

Default German Fireman’s Bayonet

Hello all, just got surprised with this nice fireman’s dress bayonet for Christmas! I just wanted to show it off here, this is my first bayonet to add to my collection, so any information would be much appreciated

German Fireman’s BayonetGerman Fireman’s BayonetGerman Fireman’s BayonetGerman Fireman’s Bayonet

(Sorry for the flipped pictures, have to upload this from my phone)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Fireman’s Bayonet
    P
    Many

?

It is a nice bayonet but it is not for a fireman. A fireman wouldn't need to be able to attach it to a rifle.
    Last edited by kirby; 12-25-2017 at 08:07 PM. Reason: ..

My guess would be a Flak dress bayonet in fine condition.
    Made by Weyersberg, Kirschbaum & Cie.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Nice Dress bayo ChBingle

Typical standard seen by WKC with Red felt buffer
    As Kirby states ..it is not a Firemans bayo . Check out this thread in the differences between the Dress and Firemans type

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/k98-b...rences-354125/

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Good to know! I was told Fireman’s, but as long as it’s an original German Bayonet I’m fine with whatever it is haha

Thanks for the info, I’ll have to read up on that thread! Any way to determine exactly what type of bayonet it would be? Perhaps Flak as Rbminis states above?

You can see the difference in the quillon cross guard ..which has an up and downward bend.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by chbingle View Post
    Perhaps Flak as Rbminis states above?
    The red felt insert indicates Flak.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Also Includes Red Wehrmacht armed forces

Quote by Horst View Post
    Heres a breakdown of the felt plug colors/formations:

Wehrmacht,armed forces-red
    Jager formations - green
    Aviation troops- yellow
    Aviation supervisory troops-green
    Aviation communications troops-brown
    Flak formations-red

Horst
    Ade has a post around here somewhere..designating colors

Regards Larry

Thank y’all for the quick responses and help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast