Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

German Fireman’s Bayonet

Article about: Hello all, just got surprised with this nice fireman’s dress bayonet for Christmas! I just wanted to show it off here, this is my first bayonet to add to my collection, so any information wo

Just for info' here are pix of a fire service bayo', a short saw back model by Tiger with frog and knot.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture German Fireman’s Bayonet   German Fireman’s Bayonet  

German Fireman’s Bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Fireman’s Bayonet
    P
    Many

There is something you don't see a lot of is a short version of this type Bayonet
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Very nice first bayonet. It is of course a private purchase "walking out" side arm for an enlisted man. The conventional wisdom is red felt is Wehrmacht and Flak, Green is Jager etc, but some collectors believe the felt insert colour was personal choice. Most seen are infact red.

I would point out these bayonets and the Fire "Faschinenmesser" variant are currently undervalued in my opinion in the market and are likely to be a good investment if you collect maker marked versions in VG condition.

Thanks for the info! I'll definitly be keeping an eye out for other's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2