Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mauser K98

Article about: Came across this Mauser K98 on Gunbroker. I wanted to get some opinions on it (heres the link: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/731710570). I've been wanting to add a K98 to my collection for

Default Mauser K98

Came across this Mauser K98 on Gunbroker. I wanted to get some opinions on it (heres the link: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/731710570). I've been wanting to add a K98 to my collection for some time, but am on a budget so haven't found the right one yet. So far the price is pretty reasonable, but I suspect it'll increase in the coming day/hours. Any opinions on it would be much appreciated, thanks!

Mauser K98Mauser K98Mauser K98

Mauser K98Mauser K98Mauser K98Mauser K98

Really depends on your budget and how original you want it to be. This one looks like a Russian capture and or may have been assembled from parts at the end of the war. The receiver stamp for year is incomplete "4" when it would have been "45" if finished. BNZ is Steyr Daimler Puch and with single rune indicates manufacture at the Mauthausen concentration camp. These rifles are going up in value, irrespective of the pedigree, this may be a good entry level one for you if the price is right.

If that's a 45 date I would be too scared to shoot it!

Indeed it's a Russian capture K98, whether a shooter or not I would snap it up at the current price. Just need to strip the horrible Soviet varnish off the woodwork.

MAP
    ?

A Russian capture for sure with the electro pencil and peened out swastika. Is the bolt matching?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well for a starter or if you just want a shooter for $450 not bad but I wouldn't go more. Peened birds sure don't help but R/Cs really creeping up in price lately.

These Russian capture rifles quite probably have had a very interesting post WW2 life. With the possibility it was used in any one of a dozen civil wars and conflicts from Africa, the middle east to South East Asia.