Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I was wondering if anyone could identify this cap, real or fake?

Article about: I recently inherited this cap from my grandfather and I was wondering if anyone could help identify it. He was stationed there post war and bought it from a peddler. I don't have any records

Question I was wondering if anyone could identify this cap, real or fake?

I recently inherited this cap from my grandfather and I was wondering if anyone could help identify it. He was stationed there post war and bought it from a peddler. I don't have any records with it any help would be much appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I was wondering if anyone could identify this cap, real or fake?   I was wondering if anyone could identify this cap, real or fake?  

I was wondering if anyone could identify this cap, real or fake?   I was wondering if anyone could identify this cap, real or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I was wondering if anyone could identify this cap, real or fake?
    P
    Many

Looks like a fire police cap. As to whether it's original or not, I cannot say. Visor caps are an area I've not ventured into as a collector yet.

Regards, B.B.

CBH
    ?

Freiwillige Feuerwehr , fire police as stated above.
    Appears to be missing it's roundel that goes above the eagle.
    Look good, but please wait for more opinions.

Welcome to the forum.

A nice period original fire police cap as BB stated. I do believe it should have a cocade on it though. Welcome to the he forum. I hope you keep your grandfather's cap. It's a very nice example. Kindest regards.

Brian

Edit: Chris beat me to it. Lol.

Example from collectors guild note cocade on upper portion of cap

I was wondering if anyone could identify this cap, real or fake?

MAP
    ?

Looks fine to me. With a little searching you could probably find a cockade to restore this visor.

It has the 2nd pattern one piece eagle. The earlier M-34 eagle was two pieces (wreath and eagle)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It is a tough call on these FW Getes caps, as to whether wartime or the immediate postwar era.

This is one from the 1946-49 period:
    Attached Images Attached Images I was wondering if anyone could identify this cap, real or fake?  I was wondering if anyone could identify this cap, real or fake? 
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

MAP
    ?

news to me Stonemint. Learned something new today. Thanks!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

How would anyone know, except for insignia, that the caps werent just left overs from TR period? Fairly generic looking and could easily have made the transition. If the guy had 5,000 caps at wars end wouldnt he just trick em out with new non swas insig?

Robt.

Quote by RGD51 View Post
    How would anyone know, except for insignia, that the caps werent just left overs from TR period? Fairly generic looking and could easily have made the transition. If the guy had 5,000 caps at wars end wouldnt he just trick em out with new non swas insig?

Robt.
    Excellent question! What I look for is signs of BRD insignia (ie, extra holes in the pasteboard), and an imprint on the velvet band from a cockade (or other BRD insignia).

Even then, the above is not dispositive, as there was plenty of TR civil visors that were rebadged and continued to be worn postwar.

For examples, see this thread:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/guide...hlight=postwar
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Yes, exactly—those holes certainly could indicate a TR cap but what about unbadged stock?......frugal, post war, mindset would likely dictate the use of war time stock rebadged until a new design or fabrication was needed ie: makers logo, sweatband, base materials which would indicate a post war product. It does get dicey trying to pigeon hole these German hats.

Robt.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast