Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help with one Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel

Article about: Hi everyone. Please give me your opinions about this Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel. I have no experience with this badges so I would like to know if it is good or not. Thank you

Default Need help with one Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel

Hi everyone. Please give me your opinions about this Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel. I have no experience with this badges so I would like to know if it is good or not. Thank you

Need help with one  Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with one  Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel
    P
    Many

Hello. It's no good. The detail is very bad. The rivets are overly large and sloppily done. The finish on it looks extremely new. It's a one looker no go. Kindest regards.

Brian

I would compare it to the Juncker examples in post 2 of this thread

Radio Operator - Air Gunner Badge Fake Gallery:

Thanks Brian

Pics aren`t good, but looks to me for a unmarked Assmann badge.

KR
    Joe

Hi Joe, pics are really terrible, but why that right wing at the top looks so deformed. I think that is not the case with other Assmanns ROAG badges, or maybe its some damage.
    Best regards, Franko

It's possible Joe. I'm happy to stand corrected. I just couldn't rectify in my mind how it has such a relatively nice finish but enough damage to justify a pin repair. Also there's a rather crude unfinished appearance to area below the eagles head/neck like a cast flange that wasn't finished off? And that round wire catch soldered directly to the wreath seems a rather flimsy attachment method. But as said happy to learn. Kindest regards.

Brian

Need help with one  Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundelNeed help with one  Fliegerschutzenabzeichen mit blitzbundel

OP catch vs. this B&N example from ruptured duck

edit: the pin looks unrepaired but I m not sure of the discoloration from the pivot to the pin.

Here are some pictures of, i think, original assmanns fliegerschutzenabzichen mit blitzbundel. One, which have started the thread, compare to these looks like cast copy in my opinion.
    Best regards,
    Franko

I would agree Franko. The top one looks correct to me as well. It is stated that Assman rivets usually have concentric circles to the heads, as can be seen on that example. And the catch looks more stout than the one used on the OP's example, and what I would expect of a badge of the period. Kindest regards.

Brian

MAP
    ?

I'm totally new to Luft flight awards, just having started to study them in ancitipation of adding some to my collection this year.

So while you were all bantering about I was doing some homework.

My observations are really for my self learning and in no way should be taken as fact. But my observations do match with what has already been stated.

1) Agree - I too felt that it is trying to be an Assmann. Did they make unmarked examples?
    2) MUCH better photos are needed. Side shots as well so we can see the wreath and eagle thickness. Close ups of the rivets, catch and hinge.
    3) the wing tips have me concerned. Not matching Assmann examples that I am aware of.
    4) See some nice hand finishing on the reverse of the wreath...but this can be faked.
    5) Should have a "C" shaped catch. Not a "?" shape. Correct?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for your help guys. Everyday there's something to learn. Very useful

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast