Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help Identifying Totenkopf Ring

Article about: Good Evening, As mentioned on another thread, I'm new to the forum and i have just been passed down a tin full of Third Reich Decorations and insignia. A lot is fake and some I cannot tell,

Default Help Identifying Totenkopf Ring

Good Evening,
    As mentioned on another thread, I'm new to the forum and i have just been passed down a tin full of Third Reich Decorations and insignia. A lot is fake and some I cannot tell, like this Totenkopf ring which was in the tin. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I apologise if this thread is in the wrong section!
    Jonny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Identifying Totenkopf Ring   Help Identifying Totenkopf Ring  

Help Identifying Totenkopf Ring   Help Identifying Totenkopf Ring  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help Identifying Totenkopf Ring
    P
    Many

Edit: duplicate posts

Hello Johnny. Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately the ring is imo bad, anytime you see the sig runes in a diamond that is always a sign of a postwar copy. That applies to all TR items. Kindest regards.

Brian

Also these are signs of casting, note the ridged edge in front of the drgm lettering (which would not be found on rings either imo) also casting flaws on top edge of ring and bottom tri leaf detail.

Help Identifying Totenkopf RingHelp Identifying Totenkopf Ring
    Help Identifying Totenkopf RingHelp Identifying Totenkopf Ring

Many Thanks Brian. I had a feeling it would be a replica, but its interesting to get someone who knows exactly what theyre looking for and to learn what to look out for in a rep!

Hi,
    I agree. That design is a fairly well-known post-war dud. Sorry. No authentic ring had SS runes engraved inside or outside the shank. Also, it’s a poorly made, cheap ring that you could pick up at a militaria fair for €25. Assuming the seller was honest, of course.

And welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately fake as pointed out