Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US Navy Jumpers

Article about: I just got these 2 US Navy jumpers in the mail today. One appears to be from WW2 as it has a "ruptured duck" emblem, as well as an interior that I've seen before. The other jumper

Default US Navy Jumpers

I just got these 2 US Navy jumpers in the mail today. One appears to be from WW2 as it has a "ruptured duck" emblem, as well as an interior that I've seen before. The other jumper I'm not quite sure about. It has a Naval Factory tag on the back while the first jumper with the "ruptured duck" has no tag that I've found. On the second jumper it also appears that the sleeve patch has been replaced at some point. Any info on these would be much appreciated since I decided to take the chance on them, thanks!

Here's the first jumper:

US Navy JumpersUS Navy JumpersUS Navy JumpersUS Navy Jumpers

Here's the second jumper:

US Navy JumpersUS Navy JumpersUS Navy JumpersUS Navy Jumpers

I can also upload more detailed pictures if it helps I know this type of uniform stayed consistent post war so am hoping to find out whether both of these are WW2 era or post war

I'm loving the first jumper certainly a sea going WW2 set, I reckon the other is WW2 also.
    I have a bunch of these and for me it's tough subject struggling to find others in my photo archive! My QMD isn't easy to access my junk

just a FYI some of these rank patches are dated and sometimes have sweetheart stuff sewn in! a couple I have (no sweetheart stuff)

Awesome, thank you for the help and info! I just got the Medic/Pharmacists jumper yesterday but haven't had time to take any pictures of it yet. It has no white stripes on the cuffs and "hood" (idk what that flap around the neck is called haha), the arm patch is also on the left sleeve rather than the right sleeve. I'll do my best to try to get some pictures of it uploaded tonight

Apologies for the poor quality pictures. This is the newest jumper that I got yesterday evening. It defenitly appears old; however, I’m confused as to why the arm patch is on the opposite sleeve from the other 2 jumpers shown above. Was the uniform changed at some point where the patches switched sleeves?

US Navy JumpersUS Navy JumpersUS Navy JumpersUS Navy JumpersUS Navy Jumpers

That's a Pharmacist's Mate 3rd Class WW2, Corpsman this could also be one who served with the USMC
    see here-
    USN WW2 Enlisted Rates: Special Branch

Here's a USMC one I have, also a Pharmacist's Mate 3rd Class. Also on the left.

Now I found a couple of pictures of tags (I can't remember from which jumper!) This is where I'm lost on dating them I did see a 60's dated one at my local disposals store and shamefully I didn't buy it!! or take a shot!!!!
    I'm assuming the second is post ww2 as it hasn't a NXsx type code
    Last edited by reneblacky; 01-31-2018 at 08:24 AM. Reason: added text

Beach landing patch again a lefty WW2

Thanks for the info! So what should I be looking for on the tags to determine if they're WW2 or post war? 2 of the 3 jumpers I purchased have tags while 1 has no tag and no evidence of having a tag there at all unless I'm missing it

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast