Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 Org. Todt Helmet Relic!

Article about: Hello everyone! This is my first post on this forum! I'm mainly a US Collector but I couldn't pass the opportunity to pass this up! This helmet was found in Italy and I don't know too much a

MAP
    ?

Quote by MassachusettsMilitaria View Post
    Here’s the better photos. I can clearly see Org Todt on the decal. Looking closely, you can also see the rounded bottom as well.

Best,
    -MassMilitaria
    In hand you can see better than the photos show.

Either way, as Schwerpunkt has noted, these are highly controversial with believers and non-believers. Personally, I don't know much if anything so I have no stance.

It will be impossible to authenticate this particular decal given its condition. Fakers to do this to relic helmets so just because it appears old doesn't mean it is real.

That said, what is the history behind the helmet? Where was it sourced? Are there photos of it being pulled out of the ground?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 Org. Todt Helmet Relic!
    P
    Many

Hi,

Unfortunately, I do not have much information regarding it’s finding. The only information I have is that it was found in northern Italy. It’s unfortunate on how people make reproductions like that. To me, the wear seems very consistent with the helmet. If you look closely, you can also see some green paint on the helmet. I metal detect around Massachusetts. I wish I could go overseas and do the real thing!

Best,
    MassMilitaria

MAP
    ?

Quote by MassachusettsMilitaria View Post
    Hi,

Unfortunately, I do not have much information regarding it’s finding. The only information I have is that it was found in northern Italy. It’s unfortunate on how people make reproductions like that. To me, the wear seems very consistent with the helmet. If you look closely, you can also see some green paint on the helmet. I metal detect around Massachusetts. I wish I could go overseas and do the real thing!

Best,
    MassMilitaria
    I'm not saying it is a fake. I have little knowledge on these helmets. My point (poorly made) is that there are people out there who do make fakes out of relic helmets. Very convincing fakes (primarily SS). With so much decal removed, it is near impossible to validate one way or the other. That is why good relic hunters (NOT black diggers who we despise) always take photos of their finds in situ, like our own INKA and Sebastian.

Stalingrad: digging near Gorodisсhe & Gumrak

Digging in Norway & Kurland

As far as the authenticity of the Org Todt decal? That is something I know little about but as Frank mentioned they are highly controversial.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2