Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone help with translating a Japanese Shussei Nobori or "Send off Banner"

Article about: Hello all! I was wondering if anyone could help me translate this shussei nobori that I was gifted recently? I understand that the large kanji down the middle is the recipient and the small

Default Can anyone help with translating a Japanese Shussei Nobori or "Send off Banner"

Hello all! I was wondering if anyone could help me translate this shussei nobori that I was gifted recently? I understand that the large kanji down the middle is the recipient and the small kanji along the fringe is the presenter...it would be neat to know what these people's names wereCan anyone help with translating a Japanese Shussei Nobori or "Send off Banner"Can anyone help with translating a Japanese Shussei Nobori or "Send off Banner"! Any help is much appreciated. And if anyone has some tips on displaying these too.

Sorry for the terrible formatting guys, my phone and the post wizard page do not get along very well.

Shuku
    Celebration

應召
    ōshō
    Employee

辻 嘉三郎
    Tsuji Kasaburō

西村
    Nishimura

--Guy

Just For Fun™ and [valley-girl voice] toaddally off topic, like, y'knowww[/voice].

The surname Tsuji means intersection

【つじ tsuji】 (n,adj-f) intersection; crossing; crossroad; street corner; street

I like this kanji! It says what it means and is visually descriptive: there is a road intersection ;

+ = .

Just too cool for school!

--Guy

Yoshizou Tsuji was his name

About displaying, I think the original way is the best. Hanging on a pole or suspended to a wall by the top using the wooden piece or the cord.

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    yoshizou tsuji was his name
    facepalm! 嘉三 > 嘉三

Yoshizō-kun
    Mr. Tsuji Yoshizō.

Sheesh, Guy! And THANKS Nick!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone help with translating a Japanese Shussei Nobori or "Send off Banner"