Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Bronze Star

Article about: I picked up this bronze star the other day. I don't know much about these awards, but I got it for a fair price so jumped on it. I'm assuming its WW2 as the date on the box would lead me to

Default Bronze Star

I picked up this bronze star the other day. I don't know much about these awards, but I got it for a fair price so jumped on it. I'm assuming its WW2 as the date on the box would lead me to believe; however, I don't know if or how the design has changed after the war so wanted to make sure this is a good WW2 period award

Bronze StarBronze StarBronze StarBronze Star

It is a slot brooch award so definitely the right vintage. Nice pick up!

Quote by carpediem View Post
    It is a slot brooch award so definitely the right vintage. Nice pick up!
    Thanks for the reply, glad to hear that! Are there any general things to look for when determining the age of an award? I'm hoping to add some more Bronze stars, Silver stars, Purple Hearts, etc to my collection in the near future and would like to know how to determine the differences between the WW2 and post war awards if possible

MAP
    ?

I only have a few US awards (similar to what you want) so am by no means an expert.

Here are two decent links describing the differences between split, wrap or slot brooches.

Brooch or Broach?? - MEDALS & DECORATIONS - U.S. Militaria Forum

https://www.worthpoint.com/articles/...s-value-brooch
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

This one is fine, although new old stock, there are lots about. Would always be nice to find an issued one, but they come at a much higher price. But it is certainly original and not a Chinese copy.

Here is another link that is very detailed. It should help in dating any medals you find...

MEDAL BROOCH GUIDE