MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Luftwaffe M40

Article about: I'm considering bidding on this Luftwaffe M40; however, I just wanted to get some opinions on it here first. The decal looks a little strange, but I'm assuming it's just been damaged at some

TWS
    ?

Pulled two helmets out to show what I was getting at. It could very well be the lighting in the OP's photos or even chalky oxidation of the paint, but I was saying the color of the helmet reminds me of a late war reissue (refurbished) helmet that would come without decal - helmet on the left with reissued liner band dated 1944 - versus an original issue never refurbished Luftwaffe M40 with dark gray blue paint - which is the helmet on the right.Luftwaffe M40Luftwaffe M40Luftwaffe M40Luftwaffe M40

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe M40
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Going back and forth between my photos and the OP's. It could just be that the paint on the helmet shell has heavily oxidized as the paint on the liner rivet appears the proper color while the helmet itself looks more gray. The finish does appear rougher than mine that has Luftwaffe M40 original factory paint, however. Could be reissue paint or could be a trick of the oxidation. I'd have to have this helmet in my hands before I would definitively rule on it.

Quote by chbingle View Post
    Thank yall for the replies! What do y'all think about the liner?
    Liner is actually very nice. Early war quality, locked in place for almost 80 years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2