Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

WW2 Surgeon's Air Corp Tunic

Article about: I just got this awesome tunic in the mail today. I got it for a great price online and just wanted to show it off here. There is no name or date on the tag; however, a name (maybe J.C. O'Con

Ok,, so no manufacturers tag, not a big deal.. private purchase tailor made maybe...

Now, as far as research,, try to trace it back to where this came from regionally. You mentioned it was online.. If you still have the contact information reference the seller, we may be able to narrow down the region this came from.. Looked to see if there were any J.C. O'Connor's listed in the West Point Register of Graduates, not surprising I did not find anything, but if you contact the seller, they may be able to shed a little more light on this.. I am thinking it may be possible to narrow the search down on this based on location.. See what you can find out and we'll go from there..

Smitty

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    Ok,, so no manufacturers tag, not a big deal.. private purchase tailor made maybe...

Now, as far as research,, try to trace it back to where this came from regionally. You mentioned it was online.. If you still have the contact information reference the seller, we may be able to narrow down the region this came from.. Looked to see if there were any J.C. O'Connor's listed in the West Point Register of Graduates, not surprising I did not find anything, but if you contact the seller, they may be able to shed a little more light on this.. I am thinking it may be possible to narrow the search down on this based on location.. See what you can find out and we'll go from there..

Smitty
    So I contacted the seller and found out that the jacket came from upstate New York. They also stated that his first name could be John, but that's all the information I have to go off of. I'll check some enlistment records and see if I can find anything that matches

As far as John C O'Connor's from New York go this is what I found:

View Record: John C. Oconnor - 42040225 | WWII US Army Enlistment Records

The site states his known grade was that of a private; however, I assume that could just be a lack of information on his rank?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2