Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 US Purple Heart

Article about: I picked up this Purple Heart a few weeks ago at a big flea market in the area. I've never really done extensive research into these medals but I've wanted to get one for a while so decided

Default WW2 US Purple Heart

I picked up this Purple Heart a few weeks ago at a big flea market in the area. I've never really done extensive research into these medals but I've wanted to get one for a while so decided to get it Its not named but it does have a number along the edge of the medal, is there any way to use this number to find out who this was awarded to?

WW2 US Purple HeartWW2 US Purple HeartWW2 US Purple HeartWW2 US Purple HeartWW2 US Purple Heart

Nice one I only have one WW2 one and isn't numbered like yours.
    Here's a good web site on them - Purple Heart Collection

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Nice one I only have one WW2 one and isn't numbered like yours.
    Here's a good web site on them - Purple Heart Collection
    Thanks for the link!

Nice looking PH..

Will look into the number and see what comes up,,, but this is most likely a needle within a haystack search as it is next to impossible to really trace. Some hospital units did enter the number on the recipients records but again it would take a very long time to find and there are no current databases to use as a search tool...

Confirming the number is 234493

Smitty

Here is some information about your PH:

Known as the Type II (1942-43): bronze gilt, enamel or plastic heart, slot brooch, 6 digit numbering on rim. Manufactured by Rex Products Company (numbers 100,000 to 400,000) and The Robbins Company (numbers 400,001 to 600,000). Due to production problems incurred in the manufacture of this Type, the two civilian contractors manufacturing these pieces switched from enamel to plastic hearts early in their production runs.

Thanks for the info! And yes, that is the correct number