Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Heer Mountain Artillery Tunic

Article about: Hello, I was looking at the classifieds section here on the forum and saw this Heer Moutain Artillery Tunic. I've never bought from here on the forum before but am interested in purchasing t

Default Heer Mountain Artillery Tunic

Hello, I was looking at the classifieds section here on the forum and saw this Heer Moutain Artillery Tunic. I've never bought from here on the forum before but am interested in purchasing this tunic; as usual I'd like to get other opinions on the tunic before I make a final decision. Also, being that I've never purchased from the classifieds before, is there any type of "safety net" to ensure your purchase? Thanks

Heer Mountain Artillery TunicHeer Mountain Artillery TunicHeer Mountain Artillery TunicHeer Mountain Artillery TunicHeer Mountain Artillery TunicHeer Mountain Artillery Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heer Mountain Artillery Tunic
    P
    Many

Nothing wrong with the tunic IMO

Regards,
    MG.

Hello,
    It is a decent privately purchased tunic made of average quality gabardine. The collar is nicely shaped. Considering the stitching of the Hoheitsabzeichen, i highly doubt that this is the work of a professional tailor. It could be a replacement (even period done). The stitching of the Edelweiss is sloppy, but this is the right version of the Edelweiss, which is supposed to be embroidered for privately purchased tunics...
    Too bad that there's no photo showing the shoulderboards
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks for the info! There is a picture of the shoulder boards; however, I forgot to upload that one and can’t right now as I’m away from my laptop. Has anyone ever bought from the classifieds before?

Agree with JP. A somewhat "sloppy" job on the eagle stitching. Not a tailor's work. Other than that...from the images provided, I like it

I have bought from the classifieds a couple times. It went well. There is no insurance. You have done all you can in as much as you have asked about the item. Pretty much all there is to do.

The tunic itself comes (after 1935) from one of the Berlin West sources in the epoch, Armeewarenhaus. I once owned a nice Panzer cap from there.
    My wild guess would be the blouse was denazified. That is, it was kept without its insignia and restored, as the able colleague points out.
    I have seen this in Germany often, especially in the '60s and '70s.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-11-2018 at 03:29 PM.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    My wild guess would be the blouse was denazified. That is, it was kept without its insignia and restored....
    Hello,
    I agree, the guess is not so wild...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Thanks
    Thank y’all for the replies! Do y’all assume it was restored due to the stitching of the breast eagle and other insignia?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Thanks
    Thanks. I got wonderful tunics stripped of insignia in theater costume sales for 10 and 15 dollars in the early 1970s when I studied in Bonn.
    They usually had the insignia carefully removed and put in the pocket, if that, but the main thing was the persons kept the uniform
    but complied with demilitarization/denazification laws.
    The insignia put on in the Armeewarenhaus would have been done professionally. I should say that the Armeewarenhaus was
    a different outfit than the Kleiderkasse, but also in the same part of Berlin.
    I have bought things from the Kleiderkasse der Bw. in Koblenz in my time, and they had seamstresses there to fit and attach things.
    Very pleasant women. The same very pleasant women who work in head wear stores in Vienna to make hats fit and so forth.
    I am sure the same is the case in Paris.
    No such people exist where I live, to my great sadness.
    Here they are all very in love with themselves, in a hurry, and walk around with their iphones only to fall into deep holes
    either of a spiritual or actual sort.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast