Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Took a chance on this Q M42 helmet

Article about: Have no idea if its real but for 200 bucks i couldnt say no. Just wanted to see if i made a mistake getting this thanks for your input

Quote by Cort169 View Post
    here are some i can post more later if needed
    Looks post war abused. Swaz & looks like crossed swords ? Maybe an old biker helmet ?
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Took a chance on this Q M42 helmet  
    "When 10 men tell you you're drunk, you better lie down."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Took a chance on this Q M42 helmet
    P
    Many

Quote by real steel View Post
    One can question, if their version of the M40 was so successful...why did they bother producing an M42 shell in the first place ? Especially since they manufactured the M40 model until wars end ?
    Remember guys, a M42 is just an M40 that hasnt had the edge rolled over. From a tooling point of view it could have been the same forming die just without the last operation carried out........ Dan
    " When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't grumble, give a whistle "

MAP
    ?

Yeah. Agree with David. With these new photos it looked messed with.

Not sure if it can be removed without anymore damage
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Gently remove the browny orange paint with nail polish remover?

Thank you so much for the nail polish remover advise it worked like a charm. Everything else on the helmet is late war original except the orange cross on the front. Removing it exposed 2 symbols a poorly added swas and 2 swords crossed in a thick yellow paint those symbols are harder to remove and havnt successfully removed those yet. Really blows my mind someone could do this to a perfect late war example but I know some people don’t understand what they are doing.

Quote by Cort169 View Post
    Thank you so much for the nail polish remover advise it worked like a charm. Everything else on the helmet is late war original except the orange cross on the front. Removing it exposed 2 symbols a poorly added swas and 2 swords crossed in a thick yellow paint those symbols are harder to remove and havnt successfully removed those yet. Really blows my mind someone could do this to a perfect late war example but I know some people don’t understand what they are doing.
    This damage may have been done in the 60's. That's a long time ago when this helmet was maybe $10.
    "When 10 men tell you you're drunk, you better lie down."

?

Glad to hear the nail polish remover worked. Please post pictures when you are finished!

Would love to see pictures with the orange paint removed to see what is under it and when all is removed.

Thanks,

William

here is a few without the orange paint it looks way better i think. still have to figure out how to get the symbol off the nail polish remover did not work. it was a thicker yellow paint for the symbol. i also included a picture of the rope holding the liner together it is some sort of animal hair i am guessing horse.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Took a chance on this Q M42 helmet   Took a chance on this Q M42 helmet  

Took a chance on this Q M42 helmet   Took a chance on this Q M42 helmet  

Took a chance on this Q M42 helmet   Took a chance on this Q M42 helmet  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234