Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help. M1943 jacket with 82nd AB patch and arm flag

Article about: Just picked up this M1943 jacket. Said to have been found in a box with quilts and a helmet (nothing further) years ago at estate field. Has the 82nd AB patches. Top rocker looks like it may

Default Need Help. M1943 jacket with 82nd AB patch and arm flag

Just picked up this M1943 jacket. Said to have been found in a box with quilts and a helmet (nothing further) years ago at estate field. Has the 82nd AB patches. Top rocker looks like it may be a greenback. Invasion flag attached. Do these look authentic WWII to you ? The name and serial number ion the jacket are too faded to read.

Please share your expertise with a new collector.

Thanks.Need Help. M1943 jacket with 82nd AB patch and arm flag
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need Help. M1943 jacket with 82nd AB patch and arm flag   Need Help. M1943 jacket with 82nd AB patch and arm flag  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help. M1943 jacket with 82nd AB patch and arm flag
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum Andy.

While I can't see your photos (you have not yet been approved as a member - don't worry...we do this to block spammers not legit new members - so it just takes a bit for an Admin to approve your account) I think this jacket has been making the rounds.

Check out this thread.

I'm sure it is the same one

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/uniforms/82nd-airborne-m43-field-jacket-702568/
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It is the same one.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/uniforms/82nd-airborne-m43-field-jacket-702568/#post1869332

MAP
    ?

Yup. The OP's photos now can be seen.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

We have discussed this field jacket in length at this link...as provided by MAP and Rene,,,

P.S. Welcome...

Smitty

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/uniforms/82nd-airborne-m43-field-jacket-702568/#post1869332

Thanks for the quick reply. I only bought it because I could return it if I did not like it. I appreciate you sending the link.

Andy,

Not sure if you are looking for an authentic airborne related field jacket or not. The jacket appears to be fine with no issues, but as discussed the insignia may have been added for reenacting purposes or other intentions.. These type of jackets with particularly the airborne connection, be it 82nd, 101st or others are going to be very hard to prove unless directly obtained from a veteran and then there is also some doubt unless there is period photographic evidence of said uniform being worn during the time period, and then it will demand some high prices...

If you are happy with the jacket, remove the insignia or not.. It's your call ultimately.. You have be happy with what you get..

Happy Collecting and good Hunting..

Smitty

certainly nothing wrong with the jacket it's self that's for sure